Vista SP-1 Upgrade -- Success

NetLink_Blue

Vista SP-1 Upgrade -- Success
Today was the big day. The pucker factor kicked in when I pushed the
"Install" button ...
Only 2 reboots, and did not take long at all. High horsepower computer
pulled through just fine.

Yesterday I spent several hours preparing for Vista SP-1. I installed some
version upgrades on a couple of favorite programs. Cleaned up drive and
defragmented. Using my spiffy Acronis backup program, I imaged my Vista
partition. Just in case.

[upgrade weirdness] ... yesterday when I first booted up, SP-1 showed in
Windows Update window. After doing above prep, SP-1 vanished and 5 or so KB
upgrades took it's place. I wasn't sure whether SP-1 would appear again,
but it finally did after I installed all individual updates.

- - - - - -

So far, so good.

Link

Re: Vista SP-1 Upgrade -- Success
Thank you. We shall alert the media.
--
~PAŞ

NetLink_Blue wrote:
> Today was the big day. The pucker factor kicked in when I pushed the
> "Install" button ...
> Only 2 reboots, and did not take long at all. High horsepower computer
> pulled through just fine.
>
> Yesterday I spent several hours preparing for Vista SP-1. I installed
> some
> version upgrades on a couple of favorite programs. Cleaned up drive and
> defragmented. Using my spiffy Acronis backup program, I imaged my Vista
> partition. Just in case.
>
> [upgrade weirdness] ... yesterday when I first booted up, SP-1 showed in
> Windows Update window. After doing above prep, SP-1 vanished and 5 or so
> KB
> upgrades took it's place. I wasn't sure whether SP-1 would appear again,
> but it finally did after I installed all individual updates.
>
> - - - - - -
>
> So far, so good.
>
> Link

SG

Re: Vista SP-1 Upgrade -- Success
Hi Link,

Thanks for sharing your success story. These groups have been cluttered with
so much negative post about SP1 it's good to see something positive for a
change.

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

"NetLink_Blue" <PcjTv@cooltoad.com> wrote in message
> Today was the big day. The pucker factor kicked in when I pushed the
> "Install" button ...
> Only 2 reboots, and did not take long at all. High horsepower computer
> pulled through just fine.
>
> Yesterday I spent several hours preparing for Vista SP-1. I installed
> some version upgrades on a couple of favorite programs. Cleaned up drive
> and defragmented. Using my spiffy Acronis backup program, I imaged my
> Vista partition. Just in case.
>
> [upgrade weirdness] ... yesterday when I first booted up, SP-1 showed in
> Windows Update window. After doing above prep, SP-1 vanished and 5 or so
> KB upgrades took it's place. I wasn't sure whether SP-1 would appear
> again, but it finally did after I installed all individual updates.
>
> - - - - - -
>
> So far, so good.
>
> Link

On Request

Re: Vista SP-1 Upgrade -- Success
I have another success story for Vista SP1 upgrade: went without a hitch
from Windows Update yesterday. Most actions are a bit faster than before;
it's all good.....

"SG" <sorry@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Link,
>
> Thanks for sharing your success story. These groups have been cluttered
> with so much negative post about SP1 it's good to see something positive
> for a change.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
>
> Is your computer system ready for Vista?
> https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
>
> "NetLink_Blue" <PcjTv@cooltoad.com> wrote in message
>> Today was the big day. The pucker factor kicked in when I pushed the
>> "Install" button ...
>> Only 2 reboots, and did not take long at all. High horsepower computer
>> pulled through just fine.
>>
>> Yesterday I spent several hours preparing for Vista SP-1. I installed
>> some version upgrades on a couple of favorite programs. Cleaned up drive
>> and defragmented. Using my spiffy Acronis backup program, I imaged my
>> Vista partition. Just in case.
>>
>> [upgrade weirdness] ... yesterday when I first booted up, SP-1 showed in
>> Windows Update window. After doing above prep, SP-1 vanished and 5 or so
>> KB upgrades took it's place. I wasn't sure whether SP-1 would appear
>> again, but it finally did after I installed all individual updates.

>> So far, so good.
>>
>> Link

Issac