Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack

EmilyH

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
tips?
EmilyH

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
The error code is "0x643." I have no idea what to do..

"EmilyH" wrote:

> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> tips?

Dave D-W

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I have the same problem.

Dave

"EmilyH" wrote:

> The error code is "0x643." I have no idea what to do..
>
> "EmilyH" wrote:
>
> > This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> > It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> > tips?

DonaldG

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
Add me to the list. Can't even find error code 0x643.

"Dave D-W" wrote:

> I have the same problem.
>
> Dave
>
> "EmilyH" wrote:
>
> > The error code is "0x643." I have no idea what to do..
> >
> > "EmilyH" wrote:
> >
> > > This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> > > It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> > > tips?

CharlesT

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I can turn off my machine, but it continues to attempt the install. I'm going
to leave it in the system tray untouched for awhile, and turn off Windows
Update.

"EmilyH" wrote:

> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> tips?

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
Repost:

See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

EmilyH wrote:
> The error code is "0x643." I have no idea what to do..
>
> "EmilyH" wrote:
>
>> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my
>> laptop.
>> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer.
>> Any
>> tips?

Mike O

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I also am receiving the 0x643 error on install attempts

"EmilyH" wrote:

> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> tips?

Karen M

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I am having a horrible time with this, I have been trying everything for days
and nothing is working at all. I am quite frustrated and wondering how to
address this problem. If anyone finds the solution please advise!!

"EmilyH" wrote:

> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my laptop.
> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer. Any
> tips?

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
[<pst> Click on the little + sign!]

"Karen M" <Karen M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a horrible time with this, I have been trying everything for
>days
> and nothing is working at all. I am quite frustrated and wondering how to
> address this problem. If anyone finds the solution please advise!!
>
> "EmilyH" wrote:
>
>> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my
>> laptop.
>> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer.
>> Any
>> tips?

Chuck Dreier

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
PA Bear,
I have followed Method 1 to the letter as you'll see in my later post -
above - but to no avail. Any other suggestions?

One thought. I'm using ESET's Security Suite. I wonder if perhaps it could
be blocking something???

> Repost:
>
> See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> EmilyH wrote:
>> The error code is "0x643." I have no idea what to do..
>>
>> "EmilyH" wrote:
>>
>>> This update will not install, and is causing serious problems on my
>>> laptop.
>>> It keeps trying to install it and won't let me turn off the computer.
>>> Any
>>> tips?