failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4

Dr Alok Modi MD

failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and get
installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for Windows
XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help me. I
get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.

Thanks

Dr Alok Modi MD

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
Are you getting any error messages when the install fails?

If IE7 is installed, please open Windows Explorer to C:\Program
Files\Internet Explorer <=this folder | Right-click on IEXPLORE.EXE |
Properties | Version: What version is displayed here (e.g., 7.0.1234.5678)?

(if any)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dr Alok Modi MD wrote:
> Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
> get
> installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
> Windows
> XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help me.
> get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dr Alok Modi MD

Gerryt

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
I am having the same problem. Version is:7.00.6000.16640; antivirus is
LiveOneCare.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you getting any error messages when the install fails?
>
> If IE7 is installed, please open Windows Explorer to C:\Program
> Files\Internet Explorer <=this folder | Right-click on IEXPLORE.EXE |
> Properties | Version: What version is displayed here (e.g., 7.0.1234.5678)?
>
> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Dr Alok Modi MD wrote:
> > Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
> > get
> > installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
> > Windows
> > XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help me.
> > get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dr Alok Modi MD

doctor watson

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
I've also got the same problem. IE Version + 7.0.6000.16640 using Norton
Internet Security 2008 and Ad-Aware 2007. This update has failed 8 times.

"Gerryt" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. Version is:7.00.6000.16640; antivirus is
> LiveOneCare.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Are you getting any error messages when the install fails?
> >
> > If IE7 is installed, please open Windows Explorer to C:\Program
> > Files\Internet Explorer <=this folder | Right-click on IEXPLORE.EXE |
> > Properties | Version: What version is displayed here (e.g., 7.0.1234.5678)?
> >
> > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> > anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> > (if any)?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Dr Alok Modi MD wrote:
> > > Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
> > > get
> > > installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
> > > Windows
> > > XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help me.
> > > get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Dr Alok Modi MD

Frank

RE: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
I am getting the same error message, so I went to Microsoft Support and
downloaded the update file KB944338 and then attempted to install by double
clicking the file. Installation failed & I received the following message
"The version of Internet Explorer you have installed does not match the
update you are trying to install". I am running IE7.
--
Frank

"Dr Alok Modi MD" wrote:

> Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and get
> installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for Windows
> XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help me. I
> get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dr Alok Modi MD

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 (only!):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
--
~PA Bear

Gerryt wrote:
> I am having the same problem. Version is:7.00.6000.16640; antivirus is
> LiveOneCare.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Are you getting any error messages when the install fails?
>>
>> If IE7 is installed, please open Windows Explorer to C:\Program
>> Files\Internet Explorer <=this folder | Right-click on IEXPLORE.EXE |
>> Properties | Version: What version is displayed here (e.g.,
>> 7.0.1234.5678)?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Dr Alok Modi MD wrote:
>>> Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
>>> get
>>> installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
>>> Windows
>>> XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help
>>> me.
>>> get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dr Alok Modi MD

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 (only!):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81

Please answer to help us figure out why Windows Script 5.7 wasn't installed
when you installed IE7: Was NIS 2008 or any other Norton application
installed and active when you originally installed IE7?
--
~PA Bear

Frank wrote:
> I am getting the same error message, so I went to Microsoft Support and
> downloaded the update file KB944338 and then attempted to install by
> double
> clicking the file. Installation failed & I received the following message
> "The version of Internet Explorer you have installed does not match the
> update you are trying to install". I am running IE7.
>
>> Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
>> get
>> installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
>> Windows
>> XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help
>> me.
>> I get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dr Alok Modi MD

Frank

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
I installed Script 5.7, restarted and now Windows Update no longer tells me I
have any crirical updates. THANK YOU Pa Bear
--
Frank

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Download/install Windows Script 5.7 for WinXP SP2 (only!):
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-524e7e844d81
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Frank wrote:
> > I am getting the same error message, so I went to Microsoft Support and
> > downloaded the update file KB944338 and then attempted to install by
> > double
> > clicking the file. Installation failed & I received the following message
> > "The version of Internet Explorer you have installed does not match the
> > update you are trying to install". I am running IE7.
> >
> >> Hi all I get my updates regularly through microsoft automic updates and
> >> get
> >> installed without any problem. But this update "Security Update for
> >> Windows
> >> XP (KB944338)" is getting downloaded but not installed. Could you help
> >> me.
> >> I get the above eeror message. I don't know what that means.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Dr Alok Modi MD

Re: failure to update error message 0x8007F0F4
YW & thanks for your feedback!