Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack

Heart

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
Pack and reinstall.

During the removal, I got the following message:
Program has encountered a problem during setup.
Setup did not complete correctly.

I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
error message:
Error Code: 0x643
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup

I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?

--
Heart
CloudySeattle

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem. My IT guy says it's
common, and of course MSFT knows, has known for six months, and is offering
no solutions. I'm going to work with him on it and will let you know if we
find a solution. I think we need to go back to Intuit as well. In their
high-handed way of forcing us to their new software version, they neglected
to make it work with .NET 2.0.

"Heart" wrote:

> This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
> Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack and reinstall.
>
> During the removal, I got the following message:
> Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> Setup did not complete correctly.
>
> I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> error message:
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
> Find Solutions
> Windows Update Newsgroup
>
> I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
>
> --
> Heart

keystone

"CloudySeattle" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem. My IT guy says it's
> common, and of course MSFT knows, has known for six months, and is offering
> no solutions. I'm going to work with him on it and will let you know if we
> find a solution. I think we need to go back to Intuit as well. In their
> high-handed way of forcing us to their new software version, they neglected
> to make it work with .NET 2.0.
>
> "Heart" wrote:
>
> > This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> > They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
> > Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> > Pack and reinstall.
> >
> > During the removal, I got the following message:
> > Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> > Setup did not complete correctly.
> >
> > I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> > and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> > error message:
> > Error Code: 0x643
> > Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> > resources.
> >
> > For self-help options:
> >
> > Frequently Asked Questions
> > Find Solutions
> > Windows Update Newsgroup
> >
> > I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> > third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
> >
> > --
> > Heart

keystone

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I, too, am experiencing this problem and have been unable to resolve the issue.

"CloudySeattle" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem. My IT guy says it's
> common, and of course MSFT knows, has known for six months, and is offering
> no solutions. I'm going to work with him on it and will let you know if we
> find a solution. I think we need to go back to Intuit as well. In their
> high-handed way of forcing us to their new software version, they neglected
> to make it work with .NET 2.0.
>
> "Heart" wrote:
>
> > This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> > They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
> > Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> > Pack and reinstall.
> >
> > During the removal, I got the following message:
> > Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> > Setup did not complete correctly.
> >
> > I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> > and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> > error message:
> > Error Code: 0x643
> > Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> > resources.
> >
> > For self-help options:
> >
> > Frequently Asked Questions
> > Find Solutions
> > Windows Update Newsgroup
> >
> > I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> > third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
> >
> > --
> > Heart

Marysocean

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
Yes this is frustrating! I've got payroll to do. Any new news anyone?

"keystone" wrote:

> I, too, am experiencing this problem and have been unable to resolve the issue.
>
> "CloudySeattle" wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem. My IT guy says it's
> > common, and of course MSFT knows, has known for six months, and is offering
> > no solutions. I'm going to work with him on it and will let you know if we
> > find a solution. I think we need to go back to Intuit as well. In their
> > high-handed way of forcing us to their new software version, they neglected
> > to make it work with .NET 2.0.
> >
> > "Heart" wrote:
> >
> > > This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> > > They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
> > > Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> > > Pack and reinstall.
> > >
> > > During the removal, I got the following message:
> > > Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> > > Setup did not complete correctly.
> > >
> > > I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> > > and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> > > error message:
> > > Error Code: 0x643
> > > Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> > > resources.
> > >
> > > For self-help options:
> > >
> > > Frequently Asked Questions
> > > Find Solutions
> > > Windows Update Newsgroup
> > >
> > > I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> > > third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Heart

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Heart wrote:
> This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web
> site,
> They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework
> 2.0
> Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack and reinstall.
>
> During the removal, I got the following message:
> Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> Setup did not complete correctly.
>
> I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework
> 2.0
> and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the
> following
> error message:
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
> Find Solutions
> Windows Update Newsgroup
>
> I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at
> the
> third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?

rufus

RE: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
Ditto to all-Quickbooks,system hang-ups,etc."Frustrating" is an
understatement-we're all in the same boat-let me know if anything can correct
this.

"Heart" wrote:

> This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
> Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack and reinstall.
>
> During the removal, I got the following message:
> Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> Setup did not complete correctly.
>
> I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> error message:
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
> Find Solutions
> Windows Update Newsgroup
>
> I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
>
> --
> Heart

Jody

On Apr 11, 9:41*am, Heart <He...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web site,
> They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2..0
> Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack and reinstall.
>
> During the removal, I got the following message:
> Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> Setup did not complete correctly. *
>
> I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework 2.0
> and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the following
> error message:
> Error Code: 0x643 *
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
> Find Solutions
> Windows Update Newsgroup
>
> I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at the
> third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?
>
> --
> Heart

I had the same issue after uninstalling Symantec Endpoint 11.0. It
seems to have removed part of the .Net 2.0 aslo rendering it it
useless. I downloaded the MSI Installer Cleanup utility and removed
both .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0. I was then able to reinstall the .Net 2.0
and Quickbooks works like a charm. The MSI Cleanup Utility is found
here http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

Jody
CloudySeattle

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
TURN OFF YOUR SPYWARE! Turned off my Counterspy last night and all the .NET
files loaded perfectly. Then I installed QB2008 with the spyware turned off
(turned off my antivirus too) and it loaded perfectly.

Seems like Intuit and MSFT could figure this out and have saved all of us a
LOT of wasted time and effort! Hope this helps everyone.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See Resolution: Method 1 (preferable) or Method 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Heart wrote:
> > This morning I could not open Quicbooks. When I checked the Intuit web
> > site,
> > They recommended removing and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework
> > 2.0
> > Service Pack. I have tried to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service
> > Pack and reinstall.
> >
> > During the removal, I got the following message:
> > Program has encountered a problem during setup.
> > Setup did not complete correctly.
> >
> > I then checked for updates. The recommended updates were both Framework
> > 2.0
> > and 3.0. I tried downloading and installing the updates. I got the
> > following
> > error message:
> > Error Code: 0x643
> > Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> > resources.
> >
> > For self-help options:
> >
> > Frequently Asked Questions
> > Find Solutions
> > Windows Update Newsgroup
> >
> > I have worked through the first two options with no success. I am now at
> > the
> > third. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to do next?

CloudySeattle

Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
I'm not sure how to get my reply posted, but bottom line is that I disabled
my spyware and then loaded all the .NET files and updates, SP etc. and they
loaded fine. then installed QB2008 with spyware off and it loaded fine as
well.