Windows update KB938371 fails with error code 80071AA7

encmerk

Windows update KB938371 fails with error code 80071AA7
I poked around the boards and tried some steps to fix on my own. I disabled
all av and firewall software, than tried update. I even tried diagnostic
startup to no avail. The reason for failure fron windows update is as follows:
Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB938371)

Installation date: ‎3/‎12/‎2008 6:04 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80071AA7

Update type: Important

Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all
editions of Windows Vista. This update may be required before selected future
updates can be installed. After you install this item, you may have to
restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be
removed.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com
Could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

jamesvdm

RE: Windows update KB938371 fails with error code 80071AA7
Hey

Stop the Windows Updates service, delete contents of
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution then start WU service, then check for updates.

Good luck.

James

"encmerk" wrote:

> I poked around the boards and tried some steps to fix on my own. I disabled
> all av and firewall software, than tried update. I even tried diagnostic
> startup to no avail. The reason for failure fron windows update is as follows:
> Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB938371)
>
> Installation date: ‎3/‎12/‎2008 6:04 AM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80071AA7
>
> Update type: Important
>
> Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all
> editions of Windows Vista. This update may be required before selected future
> updates can be installed. After you install this item, you may have to
> restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be
> removed.
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
> Could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

Re: Windows update KB938371 fails with error code 80071AA7

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

encmerk wrote:
> I poked around the boards and tried some steps to fix on my own. I
> disabled
> all av and firewall software, than tried update. I even tried diagnostic
> startup to no avail. The reason for failure fron windows update is as
> follows: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB938371)
>
> Installation date: ‎3/‎12/‎2008 6:04 AM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80071AA7
>
> Update type: Important
>
> Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on
> all
> editions of Windows Vista. This update may be required before selected
> future updates can be installed. After you install this item, you may
> have
> to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be
> removed.
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
> Could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

encmerk

RE: Windows update KB938371 fails with error code 80071AA7
Thanks for the suggestion..... The same results unfortunately.