update kepps installing

hammymom

update kepps installing
Update keeps wanting to install Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It has been installed five times! Is
there someting I can do to keep it from being reinstalled? How can I get
Updates to recognize that the update has already been installed?

Susan
hammymom21@att,net

hammymom

RE: update kepps installing
Update to question-Update says that the update has been installed. I checked
in the Control Panel-Programs and Features-Installed Updates and the update
dose not show up. It is not even installed. So how do I get the update to
install properly so it won't keep reinstalling?

hammymom, again

"hammymom" wrote:

> Update keeps wanting to install Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It has been installed five times! Is
> there someting I can do to keep it from being reinstalled? How can I get
> Updates to recognize that the update has already been installed?
>
> Susan
> hammymom21@att,net

TaurArian

RE: update kepps installing
Have you checked the Known Issues -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

From Microsoft Help/Support

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

1. Visit the following link to download the utility:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe

2. Save the file to the computer.

3. Install this tool on the computer.

Step 2: Remove MSXML software

=========================

1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.

2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.

3. Restart the computer.

After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.

Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2

================================

1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
following links and save them to the Desktop.

MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi

MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...936181-enu.exe

2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.

3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
by one.

"hammymom" wrote:

> Update to question-Update says that the update has been installed. I checked
> in the Control Panel-Programs and Features-Installed Updates and the update
> dose not show up. It is not even installed. So how do I get the update to
> install properly so it won't keep reinstalling?
>
> hammymom, again
>
> "hammymom" wrote:
>
> > Update keeps wanting to install Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> > Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It has been installed five times! Is
> > there someting I can do to keep it from being reinstalled? How can I get
> > Updates to recognize that the update has already been installed?
> >
> > Susan
> > hammymom21@att,net

hammymom

RE: update kepps installing
Thanks for the info and links. Everyting is fine now. The update finally
installed properly and hasn't showed up for download again.

Thanks again,
Susan

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Have you checked the Known Issues -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
>

> From Microsoft Help/Support
>
> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

> 1. Visit the following link to download the utility:
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
>
> 2. Save the file to the computer.
>
> 3. Install this tool on the computer.
>

> Step 2: Remove MSXML software
>
> =========================
>
> 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.
>
> 2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.
>
> 3. Restart the computer.
>
> After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
> SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.
>

> Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> ================================
>
> 1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
> following links and save them to the Desktop.
>
> MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi
>
> MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...936181-enu.exe
>
> 2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.
>
> 3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
> on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
> by one.
>

> "hammymom" wrote:
>
> > Update to question-Update says that the update has been installed. I checked
> > in the Control Panel-Programs and Features-Installed Updates and the update
> > dose not show up. It is not even installed. So how do I get the update to
> > install properly so it won't keep reinstalling?
> >
> > hammymom, again
> >
> > "hammymom" wrote:
> >
> > > Update keeps wanting to install Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> > > Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It has been installed five times! Is
> > > there someting I can do to keep it from being reinstalled? How can I get
> > > Updates to recognize that the update has already been installed?
> > >
> > > Susan
> > > hammymom21@att,net

PA Bear [MS-MVP]

Re: update kepps installing
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
Update or on Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
--
~PA Bear, MS-MVP

On Mar 11, 8:41*pm, TaurArian wrote:
> Have you checked the Known Issues -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181
>
> From Microsoft Help/Support
>
> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

> 1. Visit the following link to download the utility:http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...AB4-45B8-80E8-...
>
> 2. Save the file to the computer.
>
> 3. Install this tool on the computer.
>
> Step 2: Remove MSXML software
>
> =========================
>
> 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.
>
> 2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.
>
> 3. Restart the computer.
>
> After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
> SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.
>
> Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> ================================
>
> 1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
> following links and save them to the Desktop.
>
> MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...07f-409c-baac-...
>
> MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...8ee-49cb-9f05-...
>
> 2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.
>
> 3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
> on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
> by one.
>
> "hammymom" wrote:
> > Update to question-Update says that the update has been installed. I checked
> > in the Control Panel-Programs and Features-Installed Updates and the update
> > dose not show up. It is not even installed. So how do I get the update to
> > install properly so it won't keep reinstalling?

> > > Update keeps wanting to install Security Update for Microsoft XML Core
> > > Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). It has been installed five times! Is
> > > there someting I can do to keep it from being reinstalled? How can I get
> > > Updates to recognize that the update has already been installed?

update keeps wanting to install KB946026

RE: update kepps installing