Vista Home Premium 64bit Update Problem

Lost in Translation

Vista Home Premium 64bit Update Problem
Hi @all,

I have a strange problem with my Vista Home Premium 64 bit about the
Microsoft update functionality.

I write now on that computer, so I have access to internet without any
problems but the windows update routine returns me the error code 80244001.

Searching the www regarding this error, gave some advices to Win XP and a
MSXML3.DLL which is not right registered. Well I found that file too, but to
reg the file wasn't successful.

I checked allready the LAN drivers (removed and installed again), the
chipset drivers and checked the router and windows firewall settings, but
without any success. In addition I tried to stop and restart the windows
update service but well, didn't work.

The general information given from the support page regarding the difference
of system time and internet time, I checked already and that time was sync
and is it also right now. Doesn't work anyway.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Some general informations:
Intel Core 2 Dou E6750
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 (lastest drivers for LAN and chipset from homepage)
4 GB DDR2 RAM

kind regards

Re: Vista Home Premium 64bit Update Problem

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Lost in Translation wrote:
> Hi @all,
>
> I have a strange problem with my Vista Home Premium 64 bit about the
> Microsoft update functionality.
>
> I write now on that computer, so I have access to internet without any
> problems but the windows update routine returns me the error code
> 80244001.
>
> Searching the www regarding this error, gave some advices to Win XP and a
> MSXML3.DLL which is not right registered. Well I found that file too, but
> reg the file wasn't successful.
>
> I checked allready the LAN drivers (removed and installed again), the
> chipset drivers and checked the router and windows firewall settings, but
> without any success. In addition I tried to stop and restart the windows
> update service but well, didn't work.
>
> The general information given from the support page regarding the
> difference
> of system time and internet time, I checked already and that time was sync
> and is it also right now. Doesn't work anyway.
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this issue?
>
> Some general informations:
> Intel Core 2 Dou E6750
> Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 (lastest drivers for LAN and chipset from homepage)
> 4 GB DDR2 RAM
>
> kind regards

Lost in Translation

Re: Vista Home Premium 64bit Update Problem
Hi,

submitted an issue for it. When I get something back I will add it to this
discussion.

thanks
regards

P.S: Reinstall on the current vista installation resolved the problem for
now, but it is required to download and install most of the patches again.