Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e

Pierre Boberg

Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
Hi, When scanning with MBSA i get this on some servers:
An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0xc80003f3)
or
An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x8007000e)
It´s windows 2003 standrad editon.
The only thing i colude find whas that it means Out of memory, but that
don´t help so mucth.
Any one?

Pierre Boberg

RE: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
I get this problem when i use:
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2\mbsacli.exe" /catalog
\drift\temp\wsusscn2.cab

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
(cross-post added to MBSA)
"Pierre Boberg" <Pierre Boberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, When scanning with MBSA i get this on some servers:
> An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0xc80003f3)
> or
> An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x8007000e)
> It´s windows 2003 standrad editon.
> The only thing i colude find whas that it means Out of memory, but that
> don´t help so mucth.

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
F:\>set /a c= 0x3F3
1011
F:\>net helpmsg %c%

The configuration registry key could not be opened.
</cmd_output>

If you can't find any logs created by the program I would try running ProcMon
to see what specifically is happening when this message is issued.

> Any one?

You are more likely to find help with MBSA issues in a newsgroup
which specializes in MBSA. Cross-posting for convenience.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Doug Neal [MSFT]

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
It sounds like you don't have the necessary prerequisites enabled (Server,
Workstation, Remote Registry and File and Print services) enabled to perform
a scan. Please see the MBSA help included with the MBSA installation or the
MBSA FAQ linked from the MBSA Home Page at www.microsoft.com/mbsa

Doug Neal [MSFT]
dugn@online.microsoft.com

If newsgroup discussion with experts and MVPs is unable to solve a problem
to your satisfaction, feel free to contact PSS for support on the Microsoft
Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA). Information is available at the following
link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx

This e-mail address does not receive e-mail, but is used for newsgroup
postings only.
> (cross-post added to MBSA)
> "Pierre Boberg" <Pierre Boberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, When scanning with MBSA i get this on some servers:
>> An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0xc80003f3)
>> or
>> An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x8007000e)
>> It´s windows 2003 standrad editon.
>> The only thing i colude find whas that it means Out of memory, but that
>> don´t help so mucth.

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
> F:\>set /a c= 0x3F3
> 1011
> F:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The configuration registry key could not be opened.
> </cmd_output>
>
> If you can't find any logs created by the program I would try running
> ProcMon
> to see what specifically is happening when this message is issued.
>

>> Any one?

> You are more likely to find help with MBSA issues in a newsgroup
> which specializes in MBSA. Cross-posting for convenience.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Pierre Boberg

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
Thanks for the help,
I have check all necessary prerequisites and no problem there..
Have checked MBSA FAQ but have not found any thing help full.
Any more sugestion?

Regards Pierre

"Doug Neal [MSFT]" wrote:

> It sounds like you don't have the necessary prerequisites enabled (Server,
> Workstation, Remote Registry and File and Print services) enabled to perform
> a scan. Please see the MBSA help included with the MBSA installation or the
> MBSA FAQ linked from the MBSA Home Page at www.microsoft.com/mbsa

Pierre Boberg

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
Hi Again,
when I use /wi I get this error insted:
Cannot load security CAB file.

Hoping for Help

/Pierre
Pierre Boberg

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
I found this in the forum:
regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll
But it didn´t help!

Robert Aldwinckle

>I found this in the forum:
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll

> But it didn´t help!

Didn't help what? Those tips are for fixing problem symptoms with WU.
Your problem symptoms are with MBSA, so it is not surprising that they didn't help.

BTW I just noticed that the error code you are reporting on your Subject line
is different from the one you reported in your description. Which one is correct?

---

Pierre Boberg

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
I start from the begining ;-)

When i use this command:
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2\mbsacli.exe" /catalog
\drift\temp\wsusscn2.cab

I get this error on differnet servers:
An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0xc80003f3)
or
An error occurred while scanning for security updates. (0x8007000e)

If I ad the switch /wi

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2\mbsacli.exe" /catalog
\drift\temp\wsusscn2.cab /wi

Some servers work and outhers i get this error insted:
Cannot load security CAB file.

Any hints?

Regards Pierre
Doug Neal [MSFT]

Re: Error 0xc80003f or 0x8007000e
Pierre - it seems your WIndows Update Agent is corrupt. You'll need to
follow the steps you tried before, but with specific steps you may have
missed. Please try the following:

> net stop wuauserv
> Rename (or delete) the SoftwareDistribution folder in C:\Windows
> net start wuauserv

Then try a new MBSA scan once again.