Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium

Selkirk64

Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.

How do I solve this?

I tried using:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
'OK'.

2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Only the first command executed correctly.

Please recommend a solution.

Thanks,

TaurArian

Re: Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to reinstall the
Windows update client -

A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

If that fails, you'll need to contact MS -

====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Selkirk64" <Selkirk64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
| back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
|
| How do I solve this?
|
| I tried using:
|
| 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
| 'OK'.
|
| 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
|
| regsvr32 wuapi.dll
| regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
| regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
| regsvr32 wucltui.dll
| regsvr32 wups.dll
| regsvr32 wups2.dll
| regsvr32 wuweb.dll
|
| Only the first command executed correctly.
|
| Please recommend a solution.
|
| Thanks,

Selkirk64

Re: Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the new update agent seems to install correctly, but Windows
Update still returns the same Code even after a reboot.

I have written to MS support as recommended.

Thanks,

James

"TaurArian" wrote:

> That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to reinstall the
> Windows update client -
>
> A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
>
> If that fails, you'll need to contact MS -

> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Selkirk64" <Selkirk64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
> | back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
> |
> | How do I solve this?
> |
> | I tried using:
> |
> | 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
> | 'OK'.
> |
> | 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
> |
> | regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> | regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> | regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> | regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> | regsvr32 wups.dll
> | regsvr32 wups2.dll
> | regsvr32 wuweb.dll
> |
> | Only the first command executed correctly.
> |
> | Please recommend a solution.
> |
> | Thanks,

TaurArian

Re: Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
Please post back with MS's workable response so others may benefit.

TA

--
====================================

| Thanks for the feedback.
|
| Unfortunately, the new update agent seems to install correctly, but Windows
| Update still returns the same Code even after a reboot.
|
| I have written to MS support as recommended.
|
| Thanks,
|
| James
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to reinstall
the
| > Windows update client -
| >
| > A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
| >
| > If that fails, you'll need to contact MS -
| > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
| > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Selkirk64" <Selkirk64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
| > | back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
| > |
| > | How do I solve this?
| > |
| > | I tried using:
| > |
| > | 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
| > | 'OK'.
| > |
| > | 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
| > |
| > | regsvr32 wuapi.dll
| > | regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
| > | regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
| > | regsvr32 wucltui.dll
| > | regsvr32 wups.dll
| > | regsvr32 wups2.dll
| > | regsvr32 wuweb.dll
| > |
| > | Only the first command executed correctly.
| > |
| > | Please recommend a solution.
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > |
| > |

micosoft.public.windowsupdate

"Selkirk64" wrote:

> In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
> back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
>
> How do I solve this?
>
> I tried using:
>
> 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
> 'OK'.
>
> 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll
>
> Only the first command executed correctly.
>
> Please recommend a solution.
>
> Thanks,

zin tun

windows updats 80004002
i can't updats my computer, when i click to windows upades . alwaly show me error codes.How solves this ?

Selkirk6 wrote:

Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
10-Mar-08

In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.

How do I solve this?

I tried using:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
'OK'.

2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Only the first command executed correctly.

Please recommend a solution.

Thanks,

On Monday, March 10, 2008 5:11 PM
Selkirk6 wrote:

Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.

How do I solve this?

I tried using:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
'OK'.

2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 wucltui.dll
regsvr32 wups.dll
regsvr32 wups2.dll
regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Only the first command executed correctly.

Please recommend a solution.

Thanks,

On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:04 AM
TaurArian wrote:

That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to
That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to reinstall the
Windows update client -

A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

If that fails, you'll need to contact MS -

====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Selkirk64" <Selkirk64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:29 PM
Selkirk6 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the new update agent seems to install correctly, but Windows
Update still returns the same Code even after a reboot.

I have written to MS support as recommended.

Thanks,

James

"TaurArian" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:59 AM
TaurArian wrote:

Please post back with MS's workable response so others may benefit.
Please post back with MS's workable response so others may benefit.

TA

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"Selkirk64" <Selkirk64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
the

On Monday, March 17, 2008 4:46 PM
micosoftpublicwindowsupdat wrote:

RE: Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
"Selkirk64" wrote:

SharePoint Video Library Template Available For Download
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...o-library.aspx
MowGreen

Re: windows updats 80004002
If English is not your native language then please use this page to
translate the below article - http://www.freetranslation.com/

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Then come back and post in some form of English that can be understood
so that someone *may* assist you.

If English is your native language, then please turn off the computer
and toss it out the window.

Thanks !

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

zin tun wrote:
> i can't updats my computer, when i click to windows upades . alwaly show me error codes.How solves this ?
>

> Selkirk6 wrote:
>
> Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
> 10-Mar-08
>
> In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
> back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
>
> How do I solve this?
>
> I tried using:
>
> 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
> 'OK'.
>
> 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll
>
> Only the first command executed correctly.
>
> Please recommend a solution.
>
> Thanks,

> On Monday, March 10, 2008 5:11 PM
> Selkirk6 wrote:
>
> Code 80004002 Windows Update - Vista Home Premium
> In Windows Update in Vista Home Premium, when I click on update now, it comes
> back with Error(s) found: Code 80004002.
>
> How do I solve this?
>
> I tried using:
>
> 1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run'. In the open box, type cmd, and then click
> 'OK'.
>
> 2. Type the following commands. Press 'ENTER' after each command:
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 wups.dll
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> regsvr32 wuweb.dll
>
> Only the first command executed correctly.
>
> Please recommend a solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:04 AM
> TaurArian wrote:
>
> That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to
> That solution was for Windows XP, the only thing I can suggest for you is to reinstall the
> Windows update client -
>
> A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
>
> If that fails, you'll need to contact MS -

Michael

Re: windows updats 80004002
Thanks Mow! I was looking for a reason to buy a new keyboard. Spitting a
mouthful of coffee on it also helped make my decision.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael wrote:
> Thanks Mow! I was looking for a reason to buy a new keyboard. Spitting
> a mouthful of coffee on it also helped make my decision.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Glad to oblige, Michael. When you're looking for a reason to buy a new
HD LCD monitor, just <ping> me.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
Michael

Re: windows updats 80004002
> Michael wrote:
>> Thanks Mow! I was looking for a reason to buy a new keyboard. Spitting
>> a mouthful of coffee on it also helped make my decision.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

> Glad to oblige, Michael. When you're looking for a reason to buy a new HD
> LCD monitor, just <ping> me.
>

> MowGreen

Thanks, but my Samsung is protected by my patented liquid-proof monitor
protector.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.