Need help

WFWcontact

Need help
I downaloaded the new automatic update for Windows Vista. It screwed up my
computer big time. All the words and everything are smaller..the icons are
smaller...the actual internet is smaller...the toolbar is smaller. If I
restore the system- it goes back to normal until the updates update again...
I can't delete it because it doesn't show that I have installed the update.
So I don't know what I should do.
Jen2008

RE: Need help
I`m having the exact same problem, I too have tried everything, system
restore, tried to uninstall the update but it wasn`t shown, i`ve even
uninstalled the driver thing and reinstalled a new one and it still reverts
back to a crap graphics display everytime I restart my PC!!! so sorry if this
isn`t much help but at least you know its not just you!

"WFWcontact" wrote:

> I downaloaded the new automatic update for Windows Vista. It screwed up my
> computer big time. All the words and everything are smaller..the icons are
> smaller...the actual internet is smaller...the toolbar is smaller. If I
> restore the system- it goes back to normal until the updates update again...
> I can't delete it because it doesn't show that I have installed the update.
> So I don't know what I should do.

HEMI-Powered

RE: Need help
> I`m having the exact same problem, I too have tried
> everything, system restore, tried to uninstall the update but
> it wasn`t shown, i`ve even uninstalled the driver thing and
> reinstalled a new one and it still reverts back to a crap
> graphics display everytime I restart my PC!!! so sorry if this
> isn`t much help but at least you know its not just you!

Hmmm. Seems yet another reason for me NOT to want to go to Vista
anytime soon. Good luck to both of you in solving this.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
nabashalam

RE: Need help
I have had this happen every morning since Friday! I have the auto update
which I will turn off till Microsoft gives us a fix/patch! You can get your
regular size back if you go to a restore point before this all started, like
the 5th of March... Is there anyway we can get someone from microsoft to
address this??? And let us know!!!!!

"WFWcontact" wrote:

> I downaloaded the new automatic update for Windows Vista. It screwed up my
> computer big time. All the words and everything are smaller..the icons are
> smaller...the actual internet is smaller...the toolbar is smaller. If I
> restore the system- it goes back to normal until the updates update again...
> I can't delete it because it doesn't show that I have installed the update.
> So I don't know what I should do.

HEMI-Powered

RE: Need help
=?Utf-8?B?bmFiYXNoYWxhbQ==?= added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> I have had this happen every morning since Friday! I have the
> auto update which I will turn off till Microsoft gives us a
> fix/patch! You can get your regular size back if you go to a
> restore point before this all started, like the 5th of
> March... Is there anyway we can get someone from microsoft to
> address this??? And let us know!!!!!

I completely agree with your stand on updates. No one from MS that
I know of monitors this NG, so perhaps you want to open up a
trouble ticket with them. An MVP on one of these MS NGs may come
along with a better idea. Good luck, I just lurk for awhile and not
bother MS with something I figure they won't fix anyway.

> "WFWcontact" wrote:
>
>> I downaloaded the new automatic update for Windows Vista. It
>> screwed up my computer big time. All the words and everything
>> are smaller..the icons are smaller...the actual internet is
>> smaller...the toolbar is smaller. If I restore the system- it
>> goes back to normal until the updates update again... I can't
>> delete it because it doesn't show that I have installed the
>> update. So I don't know what I should do.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
nabashalam

RE: Need help
I believe I could be mistaken. I thought at first it was the windows update
KB929735 but I looked at my update download history and it looks as if the
problem is coming from the Intel(R) 82945G Express Chip Family update...
But we still need help!!!!!

"nabashalam" wrote:

> I have had this happen every morning since Friday! I have the auto update
> which I will turn off till Microsoft gives us a fix/patch! You can get your
> regular size back if you go to a restore point before this all started, like
> the 5th of March... Is there anyway we can get someone from microsoft to
> address this??? And let us know!!!!!
>
> "WFWcontact" wrote:
>
> > I downaloaded the new automatic update for Windows Vista. It screwed up my
> > computer big time. All the words and everything are smaller..the icons are
> > smaller...the actual internet is smaller...the toolbar is smaller. If I
> > restore the system- it goes back to normal until the updates update again...
> > I can't delete it because it doesn't show that I have installed the update.
> > So I don't know what I should do.

HEMI-Powered

RE: Need help
=?Utf-8?B?bmFiYXNoYWxhbQ==?= added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> I believe I could be mistaken. I thought at first it was the
> windows update KB929735 but I looked at my update download
> history and it looks as if the problem is coming from the
> Intel(R) 82945G Express Chip Family update... But we still
> need help!!!!!

Did you install an Intel update via MS updates or did you get it
directly from Intel? Whichever, did you have a real problem or
just want the latest thingy? It is generally NOT a good idea to
allow MS to update drivers and the like and also generally NOT a
good idea to try to fix things that aren't really broken.

Good luck!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
nabashalam

RE: Need help
I got it on a automatic MS update. So do you think it was the driver download
that caused the problem and not the Vista update?

I know if I go back to auto updates they'll stick it in me again!!! How do
I block this damn thing? and still keep my auto on?

BTW...My Moms name is Shirley!

"HEMI-Powered" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?bmFiYXNoYWxhbQ==?= added these comments in the current
> discussion du jour ...
>
> > I believe I could be mistaken. I thought at first it was the
> > windows update KB929735 but I looked at my update download
> > history and it looks as if the problem is coming from the
> > Intel(R) 82945G Express Chip Family update... But we still
> > need help!!!!!

> Did you install an Intel update via MS updates or did you get it
> directly from Intel? Whichever, did you have a real problem or
> just want the latest thingy? It is generally NOT a good idea to
> allow MS to update drivers and the like and also generally NOT a
> good idea to try to fix things that aren't really broken.
>
> Good luck!
>
> > "nabashalam" wrote:
> >
> >> I have had this happen every morning since Friday! I have the
> >> auto update which I will turn off till Microsoft gives us a
> >> fix/patch! You can get your regular size back if you go to a
> >> restore point before this all started, like the 5th of
> >> March... Is there anyway we can get someone from microsoft
> >> to address this??? And let us know!!!!!

> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
> "Airplane!"

HEMI-Powered

RE: Need help
=?Utf-8?B?bmFiYXNoYWxhbQ==?= added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> I got it on a automatic MS update. So do you think it was the
> driver download that caused the problem and not the Vista
> update?

I can't really say as I am running XP but the first thing I'd
strongly suggest you do is to change autoupdates to however Vista
does "notify me but do not download". That way you won't get
another nasty surprise and you can lurk to see if others have had
a similar problem with a given update.

> I know if I go back to auto updates they'll stick it in me
> again!!! How do I block this damn thing? and still keep my
> auto on?

Again, can't comment on Vista but in XP I can uncheck what I
don't want to download/install and it offers a dialog box asking
whether I want to be reminded or not. If it is an update I do NOT
want, I check the "do not remind me again" box and that's the
last I see of it.

> BTW...My Moms name is Shirley!

No offense to Mom, of course, it's just a fun quote by Leslie
Nielson in the movie "Airplane!".

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
micosoft.public.windowsupdate

RE: Need help