Error Code: 0x80070005

James Robertson

Error Code: 0x80070005
I get this error code when I try to download the updates. I have tried all
that has been sugested in the threads but nothing seems to work for me. It
keeps telling me that I am running in safe mode and I can't figure that out.
HELLLLPPP.

James

TaurArian

Re: Error Code: 0x80070005
0x80070005 - Permissions issue. You can reset registry and file ACLs to their Default
state by following the directions here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...04/739820.aspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"James Robertson" <JamesRobertson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I get this error code when I try to download the updates. I have tried all
| that has been sugested in the threads but nothing seems to work for me. It
| keeps telling me that I am running in safe mode and I can't figure that out.
| HELLLLPPP.
|
| James

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error Code: 0x80070005
Geesh ... I didn't realize James had posted this 3 different times.
Next time I'll look before I type <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

TaurArian wrote:

> 0x80070005 - Permissions issue. You can reset registry and file ACLs to their Default
> state by following the directions here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...04/739820.aspx

lavallie

Re: Error Code: 0x80070005
"TaurArian" that is a nice link. But what no one seems to understand is
that the entire disk is LOCKED, at least in my case. I can not save, run or
modify any files or directories. Further most administrative commands do not
work. Locked out.

Further, i took my drive out of this computer and connected it via USB to a
XP sytem and guess what, the drive cannot be accessed.

I have to say, this disturbs me greatly since I have Windows 7 RC on this
computer. Either there is an extremely nasty trojan out there that can
completely lock a Wun 7 system or there is a severe bug in this OS!!

"TaurArian" wrote:

> 0x80070005 - Permissions issue. You can reset registry and file ACLs to their Default
> state by following the directions here:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...04/739820.aspx
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "James Robertson" <JamesRobertson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I get this error code when I try to download the updates. I have tried all
> | that has been sugested in the threads but nothing seems to work for me. It
> | keeps telling me that I am running in safe mode and I can't figure that out.
> | HELLLLPPP.
> |
> | James

Re: Error Code: 0x80070005
Post here instead, please:

Windows 7 Beta Support Forum (technical)
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Getting Ready for Win7 Forum (less technical)
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ndows7/threads

lavallie wrote:
> "TaurArian" that is a nice link. But what no one seems to understand is
> that the entire disk is LOCKED, at least in my case. I can not save, run
> or
> modify any files or directories. Further most administrative commands do
> not work. Locked out.
>
> Further, i took my drive out of this computer and connected it via USB to
> XP sytem and guess what, the drive cannot be accessed.
>
> I have to say, this disturbs me greatly since I have Windows 7 RC on this
> computer. Either there is an extremely nasty trojan out there that can
> completely lock a Wun 7 system or there is a severe bug in this OS!!

<snip>

Re: Error Code: 0x80070005
I hope so: That's where Win7 *beta* is being supported currently.