Windows update error 80240016

Jeff

Windows update error 80240016
when I try to udate anythin it won't update and it always gives me a similar
error like this number 80240016!
please help I need to update my computer with the important updates.

and it gives this message: windows update is currently installing other
updates. Please try again in a few minutes.

but I'm not installing other updates at the time.
TaurArian

Re: Windows update error 80240016
"Attempt was made to install while another install is going on or reboot is pending"

Have you rebooted?

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| when I try to udate anythin it won't update and it always gives me a similar
| error like this number 80240016!
| please help I need to update my computer with the important updates.
|
| and it gives this message: windows update is currently installing other
| updates. Please try again in a few minutes.
|
| but I'm not installing other updates at the time.

Jeff

Re: Windows update error 80240016
Yes I have rebooted many times the computer and the Windows update window.
MANY times and no it doesn't show reboot is pending.

I haven't updated since 2007 because of this problem and I can't install the
2007 service Pack 1 update and the update for Windows Vista KB929735 and many
other important stuff like my Graphic card update and Speaker update.

Any solutions to this problem?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> "Attempt was made to install while another install is going on or reboot is pending"
>
> Have you rebooted?
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | when I try to udate anythin it won't update and it always gives me a similar
> | error like this number 80240016!
> | please help I need to update my computer with the important updates.
> |
> | and it gives this message: windows update is currently installing other
> | updates. Please try again in a few minutes.
> |
> | but I'm not installing other updates at the time.

TaurArian

Re: Windows update error 80240016
How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for support calls that are
associated with security updates or using Automatic Updates. When you call, clearly state
that your problem is. Note any error codes etc.

In other countries, see http://support.microsoft.com/security
"No-Charge Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu for
localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

====================================

| Yes I have rebooted many times the computer and the Windows update window.
| MANY times and no it doesn't show reboot is pending.
|
| I haven't updated since 2007 because of this problem and I can't install the
| 2007 service Pack 1 update and the update for Windows Vista KB929735 and many
| other important stuff like my Graphic card update and Speaker update.
|
| Any solutions to this problem?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > "Attempt was made to install while another install is going on or reboot is pending"
| >
| > Have you rebooted?
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | when I try to udate anythin it won't update and it always gives me a similar
| > | error like this number 80240016!
| > | please help I need to update my computer with the important updates.
| > |
| > | and it gives this message: windows update is currently installing other
| > | updates. Please try again in a few minutes.
| > |
| > | but I'm not installing other updates at the time.

wendylu65