Re: error messeage

Sulasno

Re: error messeage
time to let the WinXP updates team know of the problem ?
and issue a fix ?

"Mees de Roo" <mees.deroo.laatditweg@enditook.tiscali.nederlan d> wrote in
message news:%23i1%23pWRgIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I did the beta SP3 update on various machines and on all of them
>LiveMessenger decided to reinstall. On most machines this was successfull,
>but on some I got MSI after each reboot trying to update/repair. This
>failed. It needed a complete uninstall (making sure the complete directory
>was gone too), followed by a regular download and install, to make the
>problem go away; but it is gone now!
>
> Mees de Roo
>
> "Sulasno" <sulasnoXXX@Xmail.com> wrote in message
>> thanks everyone
>> guess I am not alone
>>

>> "search" <search@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Well, i think it is trying to update. the reason i think this is because
>>> little while before sp3 it said update avliable. so i'm not sure

veryconfused

Re: error messeage
I need please help with this problem too. Thanks!

"Sulasno" wrote:

> time to let the WinXP updates team know of the problem ?
> and issue a fix ?
>

> "Mees de Roo" <mees.deroo.laatditweg@enditook.tiscali.nederlan d> wrote in
> message news:%23i1%23pWRgIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >I did the beta SP3 update on various machines and on all of them
> >LiveMessenger decided to reinstall. On most machines this was successfull,
> >but on some I got MSI after each reboot trying to update/repair. This
> >failed. It needed a complete uninstall (making sure the complete directory
> >was gone too), followed by a regular download and install, to make the
> >problem go away; but it is gone now!
> >
> > Mees de Roo
> >
> > "Sulasno" <sulasnoXXX@Xmail.com> wrote in message
> >> thanks everyone
> >> guess I am not alone

TaurArian

Re: error messeage
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Use this forum for all issues related to Windows XP SP3

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"veryconfused" <veryconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I need please help with this problem too. Thanks!
|
| "Sulasno" wrote:
|
| > time to let the WinXP updates team know of the problem ?
| > and issue a fix ?
| >

| > "Mees de Roo" <mees.deroo.laatditweg@enditook.tiscali.nederlan d> wrote in
| > message news:%23i1%23pWRgIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
| > >I did the beta SP3 update on various machines and on all of them
| > >LiveMessenger decided to reinstall. On most machines this was successfull,
| > >but on some I got MSI after each reboot trying to update/repair. This
| > >failed. It needed a complete uninstall (making sure the complete directory
| > >was gone too), followed by a regular download and install, to make the
| > >problem go away; but it is gone now!
| > >
| > > Mees de Roo

veryconfused

Re: error messeage
So, to get this problem fixed, I need to un-istall all, and then re-install,
right?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> Use this forum for all issues related to Windows XP SP3
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "veryconfused" <veryconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I need please help with this problem too. Thanks!
> |
> | "Sulasno" wrote:
> |
> | > time to let the WinXP updates team know of the problem ?
> | > and issue a fix ?
> | >

> | > "Mees de Roo" <mees.deroo.laatditweg@enditook.tiscali.nederlan d> wrote in
> | > message news:%23i1%23pWRgIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

TaurArian

Re: error messeage
If you want assistance on the "beta" SP3 for WinXP, I suggested you post on the Windowx XP
SP3 Forum.
The SP3 Forum is where you get assistance on the "BETA" software.

| So, to get this problem fixed, I need to un-istall all, and then re-install,
| right?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
| > Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
| > Use this forum for all issues related to Windows XP SP3
| >
| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "veryconfused" <veryconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I need please help with this problem too. Thanks!
| > |
| > | "Sulasno" wrote:
| > |
> [...]

veryconfused

Re: error messeage
I have tried to use that site, but will not let me, is why I hoping for help
here.

"veryconfused" wrote:

> So, to get this problem fixed, I need to un-istall all, and then re-install,
> right?
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
> > Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
> > Use this forum for all issues related to Windows XP SP3
> >
> > --
> >
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> > ======================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >

> > "veryconfused" <veryconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > |I need please help with this problem too. Thanks!

TaurArian

Re: error messeage
Why won't the site let you?

There's no help for Beta WinXP SP3 here.
Uninstall Beta SP3 and wait for the final release or figure out how to use the proper
forum for Beta WinXP SP3 if you insist on using the same..

|I have tried to use that site, but will not let me, is why I hoping for help
| here.
|
| "veryconfused" wrote:
|
| > So, to get this problem fixed, I need to un-istall all, and then re-install,
| > right?
| >
| > "TaurArian" wrote:
| >
| > > http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
| > > Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
| > > Use this forum for all issues related to Windows XP SP3
| > >
| > > --
| > >
| > > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| > >

| > > "veryconfused" <veryconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > |
| > > |
> [...]

veryconfused

Re: error messeage
Not sure, why it won't let me, Have tried more than once.