Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Update Error.

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
Dikum72
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Update Error.
Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft Update
Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix" then
tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the error
code Ox800704c8.
2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with windows
update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the connection
is ok and all other internet programs work OK
3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all from
SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this seems
to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.

If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error.
What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
(if any)? Were all of these enabled (running) when you installed IE7?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


Dikum72 wrote:
> Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft Update
> Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix" then
> tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
> 1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the
> error
> code Ox800704c8.
> 2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with windows
> update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the
> connection
> is ok and all other internet programs work OK
> 3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all from
> SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this
> seems
> to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.
>
> If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
> I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2008
Dikum72
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error.
Hi "PA BEAR", Thanks for reply.
I run Symantec 360, Spyware Doctor and "a-squared Anti Malware" My current
computer came with IE7 installed. This was end of last year and updates went
ok until the beginning of Feb this year. The spyware programs have been on
since then.
The strange thing is that when I keep trying the update occassionally it
will load up.
This morning I tried again and surprise it loaded. My main worry is that at
sometime an important security update will appear and won't be able to get it
on.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall
> (if any)? Were all of these enabled (running) when you installed IE7?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
>
> Dikum72 wrote:
> > Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft Update
> > Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix" then
> > tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
> > 1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the
> > error
> > code Ox800704c8.
> > 2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with windows
> > update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the
> > connection
> > is ok and all other internet programs work OK
> > 3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all from
> > SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this
> > seems
> > to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.
> >
> > If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
> > I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error.
All 3 applications include several "real-time protection" components (i.e.,
Add-ons), any of which might be interfering with the Windows Update process
when you encounter problems. See if disabling them helps at all.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dikum72 wrote:
> Hi "PA BEAR", Thanks for reply.
> I run Symantec 360, Spyware Doctor and "a-squared Anti Malware" My
> current
> computer came with IE7 installed. This was end of last year and updates
> went
> ok until the beginning of Feb this year. The spyware programs have been on
> since then.
> The strange thing is that when I keep trying the update occassionally it
> will load up.
> This morning I tried again and surprise it loaded. My main worry is that
> at
> sometime an important security update will appear and won't be able to get
> it on.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>> firewall
>> (if any)? Were all of these enabled (running) when you installed IE7?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>>
>> Dikum72 wrote:
>>> Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft
>>> Update
>>> Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix"
>>> then
>>> tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
>>> 1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the
>>> error
>>> code Ox800704c8.
>>> 2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with
>>> windows
>>> update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the
>>> connection
>>> is ok and all other internet programs work OK
>>> 3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all from
>>> SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this
>>> seems
>>> to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.
>>>
>>> If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
>>> I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2008
Dikum72
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error.
OK. I will try this if the next update fails. It is strange that all my other
programs I have update without any problem. The only one that failed was
Windows to Windows.
Thanks for help.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> All 3 applications include several "real-time protection" components (i.e.,
> Add-ons), any of which might be interfering with the Windows Update process
> when you encounter problems. See if disabling them helps at all.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dikum72 wrote:
> > Hi "PA BEAR", Thanks for reply.
> > I run Symantec 360, Spyware Doctor and "a-squared Anti Malware" My
> > current
> > computer came with IE7 installed. This was end of last year and updates
> > went
> > ok until the beginning of Feb this year. The spyware programs have been on
> > since then.
> > The strange thing is that when I keep trying the update occassionally it
> > will load up.
> > This morning I tried again and surprise it loaded. My main worry is that
> > at
> > sometime an important security update will appear and won't be able to get
> > it on.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
> >> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
> >> firewall
> >> (if any)? Were all of these enabled (running) when you installed IE7?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >>
> >>
> >> Dikum72 wrote:
> >>> Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft
> >>> Update
> >>> Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix"
> >>> then
> >>> tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
> >>> 1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the
> >>> error
> >>> code Ox800704c8.
> >>> 2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with
> >>> windows
> >>> update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the
> >>> connection
> >>> is ok and all other internet programs work OK
> >>> 3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all from
> >>> SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this
> >>> seems
> >>> to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.
> >>>
> >>> If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
> >>> I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-10-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Error.
Your other programs (except for MS Office) don't update via Windows Update
servers.

Dikum72 wrote:
> OK. I will try this if the next update fails. It is strange that all my
> other programs I have update without any problem. The only one that failed
> was Windows to Windows.
> Thanks for help.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> All 3 applications include several "real-time protection" components
>> (i.e.,
>> Add-ons), any of which might be interfering with the Windows Update
>> process
>> when you encounter problems. See if disabling them helps at all.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dikum72 wrote:
>>> Hi "PA BEAR", Thanks for reply.
>>> I run Symantec 360, Spyware Doctor and "a-squared Anti Malware" My
>>> current
>>> computer came with IE7 installed. This was end of last year and updates
>>> went
>>> ok until the beginning of Feb this year. The spyware programs have been
>>> on
>>> since then.
>>> The strange thing is that when I keep trying the update occassionally it
>>> will load up.
>>> This morning I tried again and surprise it loaded. My main worry is that
>>> at
>>> sometime an important security update will appear and won't be able to
>>> get
>>> it on.
>>>
>>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed? What
>>>> anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party
>>>> firewall
>>>> (if any)? Were all of these enabled (running) when you installed IE7?
>>>> --
>>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Dikum72 wrote:
>>>>> Widows update will not load. I have had 3 occasions when "Microsoft
>>>>> Update
>>>>> Technicians" have tried to solve this problem. They run "dial-a-fix"
>>>>> then
>>>>> tell me it is ok now, but never is! So I am asking the real experts.
>>>>> 1.The update downloads,initalises, tries to load, fails and I get the
>>>>> error
>>>>> code Ox800704c8.
>>>>> 2.If I click Help and Support--Keep your computer up to date with
>>>>> windows
>>>>> update-it will sometimes say NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Although the
>>>>> connection
>>>>> is ok and all other internet programs work OK
>>>>> 3.I have gone through the process of stopping WUAUSERV,deleting all
>>>>> from
>>>>> SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION then enter NET START WUAUSERV. Occasionally this
>>>>> seems
>>>>> to allow update, then the next update goes back to fail again.
>>>>>
>>>>> If anyone can help on this matter I would be extremely grateful.
>>>>> I run Winows XP SP2 Pro with IE7.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6 to JP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 43 08-04-2009 23:35
Windows Update will not update : Error 0x8007045a jrkoller microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 03-24-2008 12:42
Windows Update won't update error 8007277B rnarlock microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 10-26-2007 01:09
Article ID: 934562 Error message when you try to update Windows Defender on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Error found: Code 0x80240029" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
RE: Windows update error 80070103 - Beta 2 Vista NVIDIA Driver Update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBIdW1waHJleXM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 15:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120