Windows XP SP3 date of release

Charlie1967

Windows XP SP3 date of release
Can anyone give an update on the intended date of release for the Service
Pack 3 for Windows XP?
--
Charlie Gardner
Alias

Re: Windows XP SP3 date of release
Charlie1967 wrote:
> Can anyone give an update on the intended date of release for the Service
> Pack 3 for Windows XP?

No, because Microsoft hasn't given a date.

What's your hurry?

Alias
David

"Charlie1967" <Charlie1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA139D70-7CA2-493D-8BAC-F410F887F562@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone give an update on the intended date of release for the Service
> Pack 3 for Windows XP?
> --

Microsoft tell me 24th March

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Re: Windows XP SP3 date of release
WinXP SP3 will be released when it's ready. (MS has said it intends to
release WinXP SP3 by the end of June 2008.)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Charlie1967 wrote:
> Can anyone give an update on the intended date of release for the Service
> Pack 3 for Windows XP?

HEMI-Powered

Re: Windows XP SP3 date of release
Alias added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> Charlie1967 wrote:
>> Can anyone give an update on the intended date of release for
>> the Service Pack 3 for Windows XP?

> No, because Microsoft hasn't given a date.
>
> What's your hurry?

I wonder about people in a hurry for ANY new ANYthing, especially
an untried in the real-world O/S, and that certainly includes the
rush to Vista and the feeding frenzy over IE8 when the bugs haven't
been worked out of IE7 yet. Reminds me of how the car companies
"fixed" their problems in the 1940s-1960s - they launched a new car
and let the dealer take care of the hapless previous customers.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
HEMI-Powered

Re: Windows XP SP3 date of release
PA Bear [MS MVP] added these comments in the current discussion
du jour ...

> WinXP SP3 will be released when it's ready. (MS has said it
> intends to release WinXP SP3 by the end of June 2008.)

then, it'll never be released? <grin>

HEMI-Powered wrote:
>> WinXP SP3 will be released when it's ready. (MS has said it
>> intends to release WinXP SP3 by the end of June 2008.)

> then, it'll never be released? <grin>

If it's true to Vista going RTM, it'll be released too early.
HEMI-Powered

Re: Windows XP SP3 date of release
PA Bear [MS MVP] added these comments in the current discussion
du jour ...

>>> WinXP SP3 will be released when it's ready. (MS has said it
>>> intends to release WinXP SP3 by the end of June 2008.)

>> then, it'll never be released? <grin>

> If it's true to Vista going RTM, it'll be released too early.

There's an old saying in the car biz "it's time to shoot all the
engineers and launch the car", which is precisely how and why the
Big Three managed to gain such a DISreputable reputation for
quality in the 1950s-1980s by "releasing" cars before they were
ready and/or when management knew they were crap but wanted the
profits anyway. What happened was the Japanese invasion. Now, back
to PCs and Windows, save for Linux and Macs, there's no equivalent
to the Japanese demostrably higher quality in cars here in the PC
O/S world so we have to take what we can get including our apps
which have the same "release whether ready or not" syndrome also
exists.