service pack 2 problem

sara bassam

service pack 2 problem
Hi
I am trying to download windows xp service pack 2, then this setup error
message appear
"Setup can not update your Windows XP files because the language installed
on your system is different from the update language"
Please help me
TaurArian

Re: service pack 2 problem
Download it from the catalog:
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...20windows%20xp

Select the correct language.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"sara bassam" <sarabassam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
| I am trying to download windows xp service pack 2, then this setup error
| message appear
| "Setup can not update your Windows XP files because the language installed
| on your system is different from the update language"
| Please help me

wooddr58

RE: service pack 2 problem
Hi
I am also having having a similar problem insatlling xp sevice pack 2.
Everything seems to install except one security file (KB835732). I recieve an
error message
0x20000001. Please help.

"sara bassam" wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to download windows xp service pack 2, then this setup error
> message appear
> "Setup can not update your Windows XP files because the language installed
> on your system is different from the update language"
> Please help me

sara bassam

Re: service pack 2 problem
The problem did not resolve, the same message appear
How can I Know what is the suatable language and what is the language
installed on my system

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Download it from the catalog:
> http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...20windows%20xp
>
> Select the correct language.
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "sara bassam" <sarabassam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | I am trying to download windows xp service pack 2, then this setup error
> | message appear
> | "Setup can not update your Windows XP files because the language installed
> | on your system is different from the update language"
> | Please help me

TaurArian

Re: service pack 2 problem
I do not know what language you have installed on your computer. For example, if your
Windows XP is in English, select English, if it's in German, select German.

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for support calls that are
associated with security updates or using Automatic Updates. When you call, clearly state
that your problem is. Note any error codes etc.

In other countries, see http://support.microsoft.com/security
"No-Charge Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu for
localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

--