8024402c error

Liam Richmond

8024402c error
hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine... had
a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key twice... called
up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista, windows
defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting the same
error when using windows update program... tried every fix i have found, and
i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the weirdest thing
is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and defender on his
connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted my isp and they
talked me through every possible problem with my moderm, i'm running 2 pc's
through a router into my moderm, even when i take the router out of the loop
it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update sites are preventing me
from accessing them is this even possible?

help me please
thanks
--
Cheers, Liam

Re: 8024402c error
You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
the Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

Windows Vista Help: Windows Update error 8024402C:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Liam Richmond wrote:
> hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine...
> had a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key twice...
> called up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista,
> windows defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting
> the same error when using windows update program... tried every fix i have
> found, and i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the
> weirdest thing is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and
> defender on his connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted
> my isp and they talked me through every possible problem with my moderm,
> i'm running 2 pc's through a router into my moderm, even when i take the
> router out of the loop it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update
> sites are preventing me from accessing them is this even possible?
>
> help me please
> thanks

Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

RE: 8024402c error
Thats a ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

Can you try the following at a command prompt (run it as administrator):

netsh winhttp reset proxy

Eddie Bowers
Security Support
Microsoft Corporation

Liam Richmond

Re: 8024402c error
thanks for your time, however did not fix anything, i did try again, but had
tried these fixes before
--
Cheers, Liam

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
> the Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Windows Vista Help: Windows Update error 8024402C:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Liam Richmond wrote:
> > hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine...
> > had a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key twice...
> > called up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista,
> > windows defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting
> > the same error when using windows update program... tried every fix i have
> > found, and i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the
> > weirdest thing is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and
> > defender on his connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted
> > my isp and they talked me through every possible problem with my moderm,
> > i'm running 2 pc's through a router into my moderm, even when i take the
> > router out of the loop it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update
> > sites are preventing me from accessing them is this even possible?
> >
> > help me please
> > thanks

Liam Richmond

RE: 8024402c error
thanks for your reply, when i enter this in cmd prompt using admin says ...

Current winhttp proxy settings
Direct access <no proxy server>

and does not fix my problem

--
Cheers, Liam

"Eddie Bowers [MSFT]" wrote:

> Thats a ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
>
> Can you try the following at a command prompt (run it as administrator):
>
> netsh winhttp reset proxy
>
> Eddie Bowers
> Security Support
> Microsoft Corporation

harp1

RE: 8024402c error
im getting different error message--- microsoft visual c++ runtime error
--I have windows XP . How do i fix this
harp1

"Liam Richmond" wrote:

> hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine... had
> a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key twice... called
> up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista, windows
> defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting the same
> error when using windows update program... tried every fix i have found, and
> i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the weirdest thing
> is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and defender on his
> connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted my isp and they
> talked me through every possible problem with my moderm, i'm running 2 pc's
> through a router into my moderm, even when i take the router out of the loop
> it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update sites are preventing me
> from accessing them is this even possible?
>
> help me please
> thanks
> --
> Cheers, Liam

Re: 8024402c error
Start by beginning a new thread about /your/ problems.

harp1 wrote:
> im getting different error message--- microsoft visual c++ runtime error
> --I have windows XP . How do i fix this
> harp1
>

> "Liam Richmond" wrote:
>
>> hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine...
>> had a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key
>> twice...
>> called up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista,
>> windows defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting
>> the same error when using windows update program... tried every fix i
>> have
>> found, and i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the
>> weirdest thing is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and
>> defender on his connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted
>> my isp and they talked me through every possible problem with my moderm,
>> i'm running 2 pc's through a router into my moderm, even when i take the
>> router out of the loop it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update
>> sites are preventing me from accessing them is this even possible?
>>
>> help me please
>> thanks
>> --
>> Cheers, Liam

Liam Richmond

Re: 8024402c error
still no thoughts as to what may be causing this problem? vista sp1 i think
is out now and i wanna update
--
Cheers, Liam

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Start by beginning a new thread about /your/ problems.
>
> harp1 wrote:
> > im getting different error message--- microsoft visual c++ runtime error
> > --I have windows XP . How do i fix this
> > harp1
> >

> > "Liam Richmond" wrote:
> >
> >> hi, when i first got vista x64 bit ultimate installed and worked fine...
> >> had a problem and reformated and would not except the same cd key
> >> twice...
> >> called up windows for a new one and since then i can not update vista,
> >> windows defender or download from windows update sites... i keep getting
> >> the same error when using windows update program... tried every fix i
> >> have
> >> found, and i mean everything to get this going again but no luck... the
> >> weirdest thing is i can take my pc to a mates place and update vista and
> >> defender on his connection but when i'm on mine i can't... i've contacted
> >> my isp and they talked me through every possible problem with my moderm,
> >> i'm running 2 pc's through a router into my moderm, even when i take the
> >> router out of the loop it does't work... i feel as if somehow the update
> >> sites are preventing me from accessing them is this even possible?
> >>
> >> help me please
> >> thanks
> >> --
> >> Cheers, Liam

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: 8024402c error
Open Network Center > Manage Connections > Active connection
Open Properties > TCP/IPv4 > click Properties
Make sure that " Obtain an IP address automatically "
and " Obtain DNS server address automatically " are marked.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten