code78f

Kourosh

code78f
Help me please.(code78f)
Tom [Pepper] Willett

Re: code78f
What are you trying to do when you get this error?
What is the *complete* error message?

"Kourosh" <Kourosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Help me please.(code78f)

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: code78f

"Kourosh" <Kourosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3907C065-5FC4-44E8-92E1-17A9CAF6A6A1@microsoft.com...
> Help me please.(code78f)

<repost lastposted="2007-12-18">

On which OS? Perhaps they do. Switch to a cmd window and enter:

set /a c = 0x78F
and then
net helpmsg %c%

What do you get? FWIW on XPsp2 I see:

<cmd_output>
1935 is not a valid Windows network message number.
</cmd_output>

In any case you could try searching for the decimal equivalent of that hex code
in any log messages that your update changed to get more clues about it. Etc.

You could also use that decimal value to search the support site:

<title>BUG: Error 1935 During Install of the .NET Framework</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308096

(Live Search for
1935 site:support.microsoft.com
- first hit of many
)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

</repost>

Re: code78f
Windows version? Office update that you're trying to install?

See these recent threads in Office Update newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...coring=d&hl=en
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Kourosh wrote:
> Help me please.(code78f)

TaurArian

Re: code78f
Crystal Ball time again - Office 2007 SP1???????

This update may fail to install with error 78F.

The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and then go
Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Kourosh" <Kourosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Help me please.(code78f)

Re: code78f
Office Installation Troubleshooter
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...357071033.aspx

================================
Wasn't there a new KB about this, although it may not reference the 78F
error?

cf. this recent post (in an inappropriate newsgroup):
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-edbb1062798d
--
~PA Bear

TaurArian wrote:
> Crystal Ball time again - Office 2007 SP1???????
>
> This update may fail to install with error 78F.
>
> The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and
> then go Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack
>

> "Kourosh" <Kourosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Help me please.(code78f)

TaurArian

Re: code78f
You mean this one -

You receive an error message when you try to install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
Service Pack 1 (0x80070643)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691

The installation of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) fails with error
1935 or with error 78F. This failure occurs when the Windows Installer encounters a
reference either to a drive that no longer exists or to a removable media device that
contains no readable media. For example, this failure may occur when the Windows Installer
encounters a reference to an empty DVD drive or to an empty CD drive. The issue is not
caused by the update design of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1).

--
====================================

| Office Installation Troubleshooter
| http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...357071033.aspx
|
| ================================
| Wasn't there a new KB about this, although it may not reference the 78F
| error?
|
| cf. this recent post (in an inappropriate newsgroup):

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-edbb1062798d
| --
| ~PA Bear
|

| TaurArian wrote:
| > Crystal Ball time again - Office 2007 SP1???????
| >
| > This update may fail to install with error 78F.
| >
| > The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and
| > then go Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack
| >

| > "Kourosh" <Kourosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| >> Help me please.(code78f)

Re: code78f
Bingo! Thanks. So much for Windows Live Search...

TaurArian wrote:
> You mean this one -
>
> You receive an error message when you try to install the 2007 Microsoft
> Office suite Service Pack 1 (0x80070643)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691
>
> The installation of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
> fails with error 1935 or with error 78F. This failure occurs when the
> Windows Installer encounters a reference either to a drive that no longer
> exists or to a removable media device that contains no readable media. For
> example, this failure may occur when the Windows Installer encounters a
> reference to an empty DVD drive or to an empty CD drive. The issue is not
> caused by the update design of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service
> Pack
> 1 (SP1).

>> Office Installation Troubleshooter
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...357071033.aspx
>>
>> ================================
>> Wasn't there a new KB about this, although it may not reference the 78F
>> error?
>>
>> cf. this recent post (in an inappropriate newsgroup):
>>

> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-edbb1062798d
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> TaurArian wrote:
>>> Crystal Ball time again - Office 2007 SP1???????
>>>
>>> This update may fail to install with error 78F.
>>>
>>> The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive
>>> and
>>> then go Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack

Dmmoore

Re: code78f
I purchased a preloaded copy of Office 2007 with my Sony VAIO laptop. I do
not have a copy of the install CD.
Operating system - Vista
Code 78F upon install of SP1.
Any ideas
Thanks,
Don

"TaurArian" wrote:

> You mean this one -
>
> You receive an error message when you try to install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
> Service Pack 1 (0x80070643)
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691
>
> The installation of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) fails with error
> 1935 or with error 78F. This failure occurs when the Windows Installer encounters a
> reference either to a drive that no longer exists or to a removable media device that
> contains no readable media. For example, this failure may occur when the Windows Installer
> encounters a reference to an empty DVD drive or to an empty CD drive. The issue is not
> caused by the update design of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1).
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

> | Office Installation Troubleshooter
> | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...357071033.aspx
> |
> | ================================
> | Wasn't there a new KB about this, although it may not reference the 78F
> | error?
> |
> | cf. this recent post (in an inappropriate newsgroup):
> |
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...b-edbb1062798d
> | --
> | ~PA Bear
> |

> | TaurArian wrote:
> | > Crystal Ball time again - Office 2007 SP1???????
> | >
> | > This update may fail to install with error 78F.
> | >
> | > The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and
> | > then go Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack

Re: code78f
Have installed the update listed in the Resolution section of KB946691?

Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB946691)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...0-5BD5566A54AD
--
~PA Bear