Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista Ultimate Upgrade from Tablet XP

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
professor_ctt
 

Posts: n/a
Vista Ultimate Upgrade from Tablet XP
I did an upgrade from XP to Vista Ultimate. The tablet was part of a domain
and now it is not. When the upgrade completed, Windows Update would not
work. An error occured (sorry don't have the code), which stated something
about the Windows Firewall...I turned the firewall off and the error occured
again.

How do you remove the domain information and the statement that the Windows
Update process is controlled by your system administrator?

I have FULL ADMIN rights to the machine.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade from Tablet XP
Vista-specific newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Click on of the following links to open the newsgroup in your default
newsreader:

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...unts_passwords
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ile_management
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ws.vista.games
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....vista.general
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...are_assessment
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rdware_devices
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...allation_setup
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ows.vista.mail
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ctures_vide o
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...orking_sharing
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof..._mainten ance
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...print_fax_scan
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...vista.security
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

professor_ctt wrote:
> I did an upgrade from XP to Vista Ultimate. The tablet was part of a
> domain
> and now it is not. When the upgrade completed, Windows Update would not
> work. An error occured (sorry don't have the code), which stated
> something
> about the Windows Firewall...I turned the firewall off and the error
> occured
> again.
>
> How do you remove the domain information and the statement that the
> Windows
> Update process is controlled by your system administrator?
>
> I have FULL ADMIN rights to the machine.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
professor_ctt
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade from Tablet XP
The Error Code is 80072EFD. I turned off all Symantec related products,
Windows Firewall. No change? Any other thoughts would be appreciated

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Vista-specific newsgroups include:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>
> Click on of the following links to open the newsgroup in your default
> newsreader:
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...unts_passwords
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ile_management
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ws.vista.games
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....vista.general
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...are_assessment
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rdware_devices
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...allation_setup
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ows.vista.mail
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ctures_vide o
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...orking_sharing
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof..._mainten ance
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...print_fax_scan
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...vista.security
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> professor_ctt wrote:
> > I did an upgrade from XP to Vista Ultimate. The tablet was part of a
> > domain
> > and now it is not. When the upgrade completed, Windows Update would not
> > work. An error occured (sorry don't have the code), which stated
> > something
> > about the Windows Firewall...I turned the firewall off and the error
> > occured
> > again.
> >
> > How do you remove the domain information and the statement that the
> > Windows
> > Update process is controlled by your system administrator?
> >
> > I have FULL ADMIN rights to the machine.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade from Tablet XP
Were the Symantec applications installed and/or running during the upgrade
to Vista?

Windows Vista Help: Windows Update error 80072efd:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a29271033.mspx

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/


professor_ctt wrote:
> The Error Code is 80072EFD. I turned off all Symantec related products,
> Windows Firewall. No change? Any other thoughts would be appreciated
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Vista-specific newsgroups include:
>>
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
>>
>> Click on of the following links to open the newsgroup in your default
>> newsreader:
>>
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...unts_passwords
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ile_management
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ws.vista.games
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof....vista.general
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...are_assessment
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rdware_devices
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...allation_setup
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ows.vista.mail
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...ctures_vide o
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...orking_sharing
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof..._mainten ance
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...print_fax_scan
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...vista.security
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> professor_ctt wrote:
>>> I did an upgrade from XP to Vista Ultimate. The tablet was part of a
>>> domain
>>> and now it is not. When the upgrade completed, Windows Update would not
>>> work. An error occured (sorry don't have the code), which stated
>>> something
>>> about the Windows Firewall...I turned the firewall off and the error
>>> occured
>>> again.
>>>
>>> How do you remove the domain information and the statement that the
>>> Windows
>>> Update process is controlled by your system administrator?
>>>
>>> I have FULL ADMIN rights to the machine.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 934888 Certains caractres corens ne s'affichent pas correctement dans le Panneau de saisie Tablet PC sur un Tablet PC Windows Vista-based KBArticles French 0 10-23-2007 20:00
Article ID: 934888 Einige koreanische Zeichen werden nicht einwandfrei in dem Tablet PC-Eingabebereich auf einem Windows Vista-based Tablet PC angezeigt KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 934888 Some Korean characters do not appear correctly in the Tablet PC Input Panel on a Windows Vista-based Tablet PC KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Tablet PC and Vista Ultimate UEngstrom microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 09-01-2007 13:48
Upgrade to Tablet and larger hard drive on a Fujitsu Tablet? =?Utf-8?B?TmV3QiBGcmVk?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 01-29-2007 05:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120