Update for Windows Vista KB937287

denmarfl

Update for Windows Vista KB937287
I use Windows Automatic Update....with warn before installing setting. When
I run a different program that looks for available Windows Updates against
what I have installed....it brings up the KB937287 Update. I have researched
this update to find many users were having problems getting this update
installed....it just kept re-appearing. I have also read this is an Update
needed in order for Vista SP1 to properly install when released.

At this point I don't understand why this update is not downloading via the
Windows Automatic Update Feature (other updates have
downloaded)....and...whether I should install it manually....or, Microsoft
pulled the Update and I should not install it...given problems other users
encountered with it.

I sure want to be sure all is "ready" on my PC to install Vista SP1 on its
release.

Re: Update for Windows Vista KB937287
What "different program"?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

denmarfl wrote:
> I use Windows Automatic Update....with warn before installing setting.
> When
> I run a different program that looks for available Windows Updates against
> what I have installed....it brings up the KB937287 Update. I have
> researched this update to find many users were having problems getting
> this
> update installed....it just kept re-appearing. I have also read this is
> an
> Update needed in order for Vista SP1 to properly install when released.
>
> At this point I don't understand why this update is not downloading via
> the
> Windows Automatic Update Feature (other updates have
> downloaded)....and...whether I should install it manually....or, Microsoft
> pulled the Update and I should not install it...given problems other users
> encountered with it.
>
> I sure want to be sure all is "ready" on my PC to install Vista SP1 on its
> release.

denmarfl

Re: Update for Windows Vista KB937287
My Router came with a program called Network Magic. This software checks for
Windows Updates and alerts the user of available new Updates.

What about KB937287?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What "different program"?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> denmarfl wrote:
> > I use Windows Automatic Update....with warn before installing setting.
> > When
> > I run a different program that looks for available Windows Updates against
> > what I have installed....it brings up the KB937287 Update. I have
> > researched this update to find many users were having problems getting
> > this
> > update installed....it just kept re-appearing. I have also read this is
> > an
> > Update needed in order for Vista SP1 to properly install when released.
> >
> > At this point I don't understand why this update is not downloading via
> > the
> > Windows Automatic Update Feature (other updates have
> > downloaded)....and...whether I should install it manually....or, Microsoft
> > pulled the Update and I should not install it...given problems other users
> > encountered with it.
> >
> > I sure want to be sure all is "ready" on my PC to install Vista SP1 on its
> > release.

Re: Update for Windows Vista KB937287
Have you asked Network Magic about this?

If Windows Update isn't offering you KB937287, chances are you don't need it
(e.g., it's already installed, despite what Network Magic tells you).

KB937287 can be downloaded for manual install here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...e-9a1634d0cc8e

NB: If the installation of another update is pending a reboot, KB937287 will
not be offered.

denmarfl wrote:
> My Router came with a program called Network Magic. This software checks
> for Windows Updates and alerts the user of available new Updates.
>
> What about KB937287?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What "different program"?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> denmarfl wrote:
>>> I use Windows Automatic Update....with warn before installing setting.
>>> When
>>> I run a different program that looks for available Windows Updates
>>> against
>>> what I have installed....it brings up the KB937287 Update. I have
>>> researched this update to find many users were having problems getting
>>> this
>>> update installed....it just kept re-appearing. I have also read this is
>>> an
>>> Update needed in order for Vista SP1 to properly install when released.
>>>
>>> At this point I don't understand why this update is not downloading via
>>> the
>>> Windows Automatic Update Feature (other updates have
>>> downloaded)....and...whether I should install it manually....or,
>>> Microsoft
>>> pulled the Update and I should not install it...given problems other
>>> users
>>> encountered with it.
>>>
>>> I sure want to be sure all is "ready" on my PC to install Vista SP1 on
>>> its
>>> release.