Windows DreamScene update - installs every day

Lewej

Windows DreamScene update - installs every day
Hi
I have Vista Ultimate, and use WSUS to run the updates.
I notice that the patch for Windows DreamScene says that it installs itself
succesfully every day. Clearly something is not right, as even though it says
it is succesful, you would think if it was succesful it would not need to
apply the update again on a daily basis.
Slightly irritating - has anyone any ideas?
TIA
Lewej
TaurArian

Re: Windows DreamScene update - installs every day
This issue can occur because of the corrupt content of the Software Distribution folder.

Rename the Software Distribution folder try to access the Windows Update site again.

How to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder in Vista -
1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an Administrator)

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.

2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.

3. Start the Windows Update service

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.

This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not important.

Reboot - without rebooting, the new folder cannot be successfully created.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Lewej" <Lewej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
| I have Vista Ultimate, and use WSUS to run the updates.
| I notice that the patch for Windows DreamScene says that it installs itself
| succesfully every day. Clearly something is not right, as even though it says
| it is succesful, you would think if it was succesful it would not need to
| apply the update again on a daily basis.
| Slightly irritating - has anyone any ideas?
| TIA
| Lewej

neng

"Lewej" wrote:

> Hi
> I have Vista Ultimate, and use WSUS to run the updates.
> I notice that the patch for Windows DreamScene says that it installs itself
> succesfully every day. Clearly something is not right, as even though it says
> it is succesful, you would think if it was succesful it would not need to
> apply the update again on a daily basis.
> Slightly irritating - has anyone any ideas?
> TIA
> Lewej

neng

"Lewej" wrote:

> Hi
> I have Vista Ultimate, and use WSUS to run the updates.
> I notice that the patch for Windows DreamScene says that it installs itself
> succesfully every day. Clearly something is not right, as even though it says
> it is succesful, you would think if it was succesful it would not need to
> apply the update again on a daily basis.
> Slightly irritating - has anyone any ideas?
> TIA
> Lewej

Lewej

Re: Windows DreamScene update - installs every day
Thanks TaurArian - seems to ahve done the trick :┬Č)