Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WINDOWS SP3 RC2

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
Russ
 

Posts: n/a
WINDOWS SP3 RC2
I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it, my system
crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting down, then restarting in
Safe Mode, my system is restored to just before the installation attempt.
I've turned off screen saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and Carbonite
backup, and checked to verify no applications are running, all to no avail.
I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups running at the time of
interest. The error is always the same area of memory "0X84b4448b." Selecting
the debug option for the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess violation in
ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that correctly?) The only iolo
product I have installed is System Mechanic 7. My desktop computer is a Dell
Dimension 4700 running XP SP2 Home edition.
Comments or suggestions welcome.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
David H. Lipman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
From: "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it, my system
| crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting down, then restarting in
| Safe Mode, my system is restored to just before the installation attempt.
| I've turned off screen saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and Carbonite
| backup, and checked to verify no applications are running, all to no avail.
| I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups running at the time of
| interest. The error is always the same area of memory "0X84b4448b." Selecting
| the debug option for the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess violation in
| ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that correctly?) The only iolo
| product I have installed is System Mechanic 7. My desktop computer is a Dell
| Dimension 4700 running XP SP2 Home edition.
| Comments or suggestions welcome.

Why are you trying to install Beta software in the first place ?

Wait until the formal release of what I must assume is Windows XP Service Pack 3.

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
WinXP SP3 RC2 is supported here only:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Russ wrote:
> I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it, my system
> crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting down, then restarting
> in
> Safe Mode, my system is restored to just before the installation attempt.
> I've turned off screen saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and
> Carbonite backup, and checked to verify no applications are running, all
> to
> no avail. I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups running at the
> time of interest. The error is always the same area of memory
> "0X84b4448b."
> Selecting the debug option for the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess
> violation in ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that
> correctly?) The only iolo product I have installed is System Mechanic 7.
> My
> desktop computer is a Dell Dimension 4700 running XP SP2 Home edition.
> Comments or suggestions welcome.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
HEMI-Powered
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
=?Utf-8?B?UnVzcw==?= added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it,
> my system crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting
> down, then restarting in Safe Mode, my system is restored to
> just before the installation attempt. I've turned off screen
> saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and Carbonite backup,
> and checked to verify no applications are running, all to no
> avail. I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups
> running at the time of interest. The error is always the same
> area of memory "0X84b4448b." Selecting the debug option for
> the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess violation in
> ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that
> correctly?) The only iolo product I have installed is System
> Mechanic 7. My desktop computer is a Dell Dimension 4700
> running XP SP2 Home edition. Comments or suggestions welcome.
>

somebody else who can't tell the difference between beta code and
released code. what'd you expect to gain from this even if it'd
worked, assuming your system was running fine on SP2? never ceases
to amaze me how many people voluntarily trash their system on
unreliable code and then whine they've got no backups.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
Jim
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2

"HEMI-Powered" <none@none.en> wrote in message
news:Xns9A59F0EF4E412ReplyScoreID@140.99.99.130...
> =?Utf-8?B?UnVzcw==?= added these comments in the current
> discussion du jour ...
>
>> I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it,
>> my system crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting
>> down, then restarting in Safe Mode, my system is restored to
>> just before the installation attempt. I've turned off screen
>> saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and Carbonite backup,
>> and checked to verify no applications are running, all to no
>> avail. I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups
>> running at the time of interest. The error is always the same
>> area of memory "0X84b4448b." Selecting the debug option for
>> the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess violation in
>> ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that
>> correctly?) The only iolo product I have installed is System
>> Mechanic 7. My desktop computer is a Dell Dimension 4700
>> running XP SP2 Home edition. Comments or suggestions welcome.
>>

> somebody else who can't tell the difference between beta code and
> released code.


and you can't tell the difference between release candidate and beta code.

> what'd you expect to gain from this even if it'd
> worked, assuming your system was running fine on SP2? never ceases
> to amaze me how many people voluntarily trash their system on
> unreliable code and then whine they've got no backups.


I agree RC is still not the final product but it has a very great chance of
being released as a final product. What I don't understand is why people
seeks for resolution when RC products fails to work properly.

> --
> HP, aka Jerry
>
> "Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
> "Airplane!"



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
David
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2


"Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FFA76A2A-2562-49FB-9A2F-82B31DC8385F@microsoft.com...
> I downloaded this update, but each time I try to install it, my system
> crashes indicating a memory read error. By shutting down, then restarting
> in
> Safe Mode, my system is restored to just before the installation attempt.
> I've turned off screen saver, disabled Norton Internet Security and
> Carbonite
> backup, and checked to verify no applications are running, all to no
> avail.
> I have Norton Ghost 12 installed, but no backups running at the time of
> interest. The error is always the same area of memory "0X84b4448b."
> Selecting
> the debug option for the first failure, I get Exception Eaccess violation
> in
> ioloHL.dl module @ 0000D46b. (I think I copied that correctly?) The only
> iolo
> product I have installed is System Mechanic 7. My desktop computer is a
> Dell
> Dimension 4700 running XP SP2 Home edition.
> Comments or suggestions welcome.
>



My PC is trying to download this daily, and crashes my Pc and I have to
restore in safemode. Microsoft say the release of SP3 is 23rd March, they
are unable to tell me how to stop Update trying to load it.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
HEMI-Powered
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
Jim added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

>> somebody else who can't tell the difference between beta code
>> and released code.

>
> and you can't tell the difference between release candidate
> and beta code.


Jim, by definition, ANY code from ANY developer is beta or some
such other test designation until/unless it is released so why
quibble about my use of the term?

>> what'd you expect to gain from this even if it'd
>> worked, assuming your system was running fine on SP2? never
>> ceases to amaze me how many people voluntarily trash their
>> system on unreliable code and then whine they've got no
>> backups.

>
> I agree RC is still not the final product but it has a very
> great chance of being released as a final product. What I
> don't understand is why people seeks for resolution when RC
> products fails to work properly.
>

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
HEMI-Powered
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
David added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

> My PC is trying to download this daily, and crashes my Pc and
> I have to restore in safemode. Microsoft say the release of
> SP3 is 23rd March, they are unable to tell me how to stop
> Update trying to load it.
>

David, how do you have your auto updates set-up? automatic? "notify
me but don't download"? something else? I've not been pestered even
once to download SP3 though the normal update system but my PC and
my wife's is set to only notify me but not download - or attempt to
download - anything. In all previous updates when I chose not to
download/install some of them, I unchecked the update then check
"do not notify me again" and with only rare exceptions, Bill the
Gates listens.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
David
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2


"HEMI-Powered" <none@none.en> wrote in message
news:Xns9A5A2CC5F7EB3ReplyScoreID@140.99.99.130...
> David added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
>
>> My PC is trying to download this daily, and crashes my Pc and
>> I have to restore in safemode. Microsoft say the release of
>> SP3 is 23rd March, they are unable to tell me how to stop
>> Update trying to load it.
>>

> David, how do you have your auto updates set-up? automatic? "notify
> me but don't download"? something else? I've not been pestered even
> once to download SP3 though the normal update system but my PC and
> my wife's is set to only notify me but not download - or attempt to
> download - anything. In all previous updates when I chose not to
> download/install some of them, I unchecked the update then check
> "do not notify me again" and with only rare exceptions, Bill the
> Gates listens.
>
> --


Yes mine is set to notify and not auto install. On this update I'm not
being given the oppertunity to hide it for future.
I'm hoping when the revised SP3 comes in a couple of weeks this will stop.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2008
HEMI-Powered
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WINDOWS SP3 RC2
David added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

>>> My PC is trying to download this daily, and crashes my Pc
>>> and I have to restore in safemode. Microsoft say the
>>> release of SP3 is 23rd March, they are unable to tell me how
>>> to stop Update trying to load it.
>>>

>> David, how do you have your auto updates set-up? automatic?
>> "notify me but don't download"? something else? I've not been
>> pestered even once to download SP3 though the normal update
>> system but my PC and my wife's is set to only notify me but
>> not download - or attempt to download - anything. In all
>> previous updates when I chose not to download/install some of
>> them, I unchecked the update then check "do not notify me
>> again" and with only rare exceptions, Bill the Gates listens.

>
> Yes mine is set to notify and not auto install. On this
> update I'm not being given the oppertunity to hide it for
> future. I'm hoping when the revised SP3 comes in a couple of
> weeks this will stop.
>

Sorry I couldn't help, hopefully you'll be OK when SP3 officially
is released.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SP3 RC2 for XP gives 'Access denied' error Geoff microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-23-2008 16:53
Windows Update not working with WinXP SP3-rc2 LB_Colorado microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 02-13-2008 21:42
Windows XP SP3 RC2 version sent to testers BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 02-12-2008 03:00
Windows XP SP3 Twice As Fast As Vista ColTom2 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 97 12-12-2007 21:56
windows vista rc2 =?Utf-8?B?b19tYWNvdmVpQHlhaG9vLmNvbQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 02-04-2007 20:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:00.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120