problems with windows XP service pack 3 update

netty73

problems with windows XP service pack 3 update
I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
safe mode.
realcestmoi

Re: problems with windows XP service pack 3 update
Hi there,

The official reales of SP3 voor windows XP has not been released.

Try uninstalling the Beta Sp3 in safe mode or use system restore from there
prior to the date you installed the beta service pack, if that does not work
you will have to repair your windows installation, alle programs will be
preserved as well as your data, however all the windows updates will be lost
and will have to be installed again.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Micel Denie

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"netty73" <netty73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
> safe mode.

Russ

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The official reales of SP3 voor windows XP has not been released.
>
> Try uninstalling the Beta Sp3 in safe mode or use system restore from there
> prior to the date you installed the beta service pack, if that does not work
> you will have to repair your windows installation, alle programs will be
> preserved as well as your data, however all the windows updates will be lost
> and will have to be installed again.
>
> Good luck.
>

> Best regards,
> Micel Denie
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "netty73" <netty73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
> > safe mode.

HEMI-Powered

Re: problems with windows XP service pack 3 update
=?Utf-8?B?bmV0dHk3Mw==?= added these comments in the current
discussion du jour ...

> I download this update and when I restart my computer it will
> only start in safe mode.

didn't you know this is beta code? good luck recovering your
system!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
TaurArian

Re: problems with windows XP service pack 3 update
Try uninstalling, system restore or in the alternative, use the image backup you did prior
to installating Beta software to restore your computer to it's original settings.

Otherwise - WinXP SP3 RC2 is supported here only:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"netty73" <netty73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
| safe mode.

Russ

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Try uninstalling, system restore or in the alternative, use the image backup you did prior
> to installating Beta software to restore your computer to it's original settings.
>
> Otherwise - WinXP SP3 RC2 is supported here only:
> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "netty73" <netty73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
> | safe mode.

Russ

"netty73" wrote:

> I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
> safe mode.

Pardon this. I can't seem to enter the correct thread. The reason I kept
trying to install RC2 was that the Microsoft update site keeps coming back to
it, calling it an important update, and won't indicate whether there are
other important updates. The download is "in limbo" somewhere on my computer.

TaurArian

Re: problems with windows XP service pack 3 update
Have you posted to WinXP SP3 RC2 forum:

newsDD9B89D-F8AF-456F-BDDE-C6D015D88666@microsoft.com...

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Have you posted to WinXP SP3 RC2 forum:
> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...2010&SiteID=17
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsDD9B89D-F8AF-456F-BDDE-C6D015D88666@microsoft.com...
> |

> | "netty73" wrote:
> |
> | > I download this update and when I restart my computer it will only start in
> | > safe mode.
> |
> | Pardon this. I can't seem to enter the correct thread. The reason I kept
> | trying to install RC2 was that the Microsoft update site keeps coming back to
> | it, calling it an important update, and won't indicate whether there are
> | other important updates. The download is "in limbo" somewhere on my computer.

No, I haven't posted to TechNet forum. Thanks. Will give it a try.