Deleting Update history

EAA Docent

Deleting Update history
Is there a way to delete the update history with out deleting the updates?

TaurArian

Re: Deleting Update history
Assuming you're posting about Windows XP -

Clear Windows Update History

All you need to do is to delete all contents of the DataStore folder
Start, Run, type: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\
This opens the SoftwareDistribution folder which is located normally on C:\Windows

See this link for further instructions:
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"EAA Docent" <EAADocent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Is there a way to delete the update history with out deleting the updates?

EAA Docent

Re: Deleting Update history

Good Evening TaurArian,
My OS is Vista Home Premium.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Assuming you're posting about Windows XP -
>
> Clear Windows Update History
>
> All you need to do is to delete all contents of the DataStore folder
> Start, Run, type: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\
> This opens the SoftwareDistribution folder which is located normally on C:\Windows
>
> See this link for further instructions:
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "EAA Docent" <EAADocent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Is there a way to delete the update history with out deleting the updates?

TaurArian

Re: Deleting Update history
That's why its always important to state your os. Unfortunately for Vista, I don't know if
you can. Perhaps it's similar to XP. I haven't experimented enough with Vista yet. It has
the same folder.

====================================

| Good Evening TaurArian,
| My OS is Vista Home Premium.
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Assuming you're posting about Windows XP -
| >
| > Clear Windows Update History
| >
| > All you need to do is to delete all contents of the DataStore folder
| > Start, Run, type: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\
| > This opens the SoftwareDistribution folder which is located normally on C:\Windows
| >
| > See this link for further instructions:

http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "EAA Docent" <EAADocent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Is there a way to delete the update history with out deleting the updates?
| > |

Bob Eyster

Re: Deleting Update history
Or you can rename the SoftwareDistribution folder ("%winder%\Software
Distribution\" ). Windows Update will create a new one.

--

Bob Eyster
MS Windows Vista Home Premium

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Assuming you're posting about Windows XP -
>
> Clear Windows Update History
>
> All you need to do is to delete all contents of the DataStore folder
> Start, Run, type: %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\
> This opens the SoftwareDistribution folder which is located normally on
> C:\Windows
>
> See this link for further instructions:
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may
> benefit.
>

> "EAA Docent" <EAADocent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Is there a way to delete the update history with out deleting the
> updates?

ThatsIT.net.au

Re: Deleting Update history