IE7 "stack overflow at line :0" causes complete connection failure

olaf.de.wit@telenet.be

IE7 "stack overflow at line :0" causes complete connection failure
Hi there everybody,

Since about a week now I am getting "stack overflow at line :0" error
messages when surfing with IE7. The oddball thing is that my internet
connection completely fails after this has happened : I can't
reconnect, unless I reboot the computer first. Basically I can't use
other browsers like Opera and Netscape either after this has happened
in IE. Plus, I can't use my email client ( Outlook Express ) either. I
can only repair the connection by rebooting first.

Another strange thing : the advanced options of IE have always been
set in such a manner that I do not want errors to be reported. So
uncheck "Display notification about
every script error" and Check the box to "Disable script debugging
(Internet Explorer and other) have been set like that ages ago, but
still I get this error message. So I have customized this a long time
ago and the error still pops up.

I can't really diagnose what the underlying cause of this may be, but
this is really bothersome, because it has never happened to me before.

Maybe somebody could give me some assistance on the matter.
All help would be much appreciated.

Many thanx in advance

akgirl37

RE: IE7 "stack overflow at line :0" causes complete connection failure
Hello,

I did not have this problem with Windows XP but did with Vista. I just
downloaded the new Vista SP1 and it got rid of the problem.

rgarateg@gmail.com

On 28 mar, 18:11, akgirl37 <akgir...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did not have this problem with Windows XP but did with Vista. *I just
> downloaded the new Vista SP1 and it got rid of the problem.
>

> "olaf.de....@telenet.be" wrote:
> > Hi there everybody,

> > Since about a week now I am getting "stack overflow at line :0" error
> > messages when surfing with IE7. The oddball thing is that my internet
> > connection completely fails after this has happened : I can't
> > reconnect, unless I reboot the computer first. Basically I can't use
> > other browsers like Opera and Netscape either after this has happened
> > in IE. Plus, I can't use my email client ( Outlook Express ) either. I
> > can only repair the connection by rebooting first.

> > Another strange thing : the advanced options of IE have always been
> > set in such a manner that I do not want errors to be reported. So
> > uncheck "Display notification about
> > every script error" and Check the box to "Disable script debugging
> > (Internet Explorer and other) have been set like that ages ago, but
> > still I get this error message. So I have customized this a long time
> > ago and the error still pops up.

> > I can't really diagnose what the underlying cause of this may be, but
> > this is really bothersome, because it has never happened to me before.

> > Maybe somebody could give me some assistance on the matter.
> > All help would be much appreciated.

> > Many thanx in advance- Ocultar texto de la cita -

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

i have this problem the strage thing is the CPu usage is 100% loaded
(i have a gag on side bar that show me the CPU charge), well i have a
notebook Dell XPS M1330 with vista home pre... and i check the process
running (CTRL SHIFT ESC) and sorted by name and i saw a program
repeated too many times (DSC.exe) it's a Dell program (Dell Support
Center) well i renamed that file located is on a hiden carpet in (c:\
program files\ dell support center\ gs_agent\ dsc.exe) i renamed to
dscX.exe and problem fixed (well that's for me)

i hope this could help you
sweetp

RE: IE7 "stack overflow at line :0" causes complete connection failure
i am actually still having this problem and i dont even know where line 0
even exist at if any one can help me out that would be great have a super day

"olaf.de.wit@telenet.be" wrote:

> Hi there everybody,
>
> Since about a week now I am getting "stack overflow at line :0" error
> messages when surfing with IE7. The oddball thing is that my internet
> connection completely fails after this has happened : I can't
> reconnect, unless I reboot the computer first. Basically I can't use
> other browsers like Opera and Netscape either after this has happened
> in IE. Plus, I can't use my email client ( Outlook Express ) either. I
> can only repair the connection by rebooting first.
>
> Another strange thing : the advanced options of IE have always been
> set in such a manner that I do not want errors to be reported. So
> uncheck "Display notification about
> every script error" and Check the box to "Disable script debugging
> (Internet Explorer and other) have been set like that ages ago, but
> still I get this error message. So I have customized this a long time
> ago and the error still pops up.
>
> I can't really diagnose what the underlying cause of this may be, but
> this is really bothersome, because it has never happened to me before.
>
> Maybe somebody could give me some assistance on the matter.
> All help would be much appreciated.
>
> Many thanx in advance

Re: IE7 "stack overflow at line :0" causes complete connection failure
Please begin a new thread in an appropriate newsgroup about /your/ problem.
Be sure to state your Windows version and your IE version in your first
post. Thank you.
--
IE-specific newsgroup: