RE: Error 80070643 Updating Windows Update

Will Bowlin

RE: Error 80070643 Updating Windows Update
Well folks, after harassing Microsoft support everyday for four months, they
finally relented and sent me a n/c vista reinstall disc. I think this should
be mandatory of all pc manufacturers to begin with. What a crock when you
have to go through what I did to get a copy of your operating system to
correct a problem with the operatiing sysytem that was supposed to be
installed correctly on your system to begin with??

Long story short, the update on the system worked and I have had no problems
with error codes or updates since.

Maybe if more of us complained and were unrelentless Microsoft will one day
not issue software until it has been tested and not dump their crap on the
general public to fix and find their bugs.
--
Will Bowlin

"Will Bowlin" wrote:

> I guess misery loves company...or "welcome to club 80070643".
>
> I have a brand new hp8000e with vista home premium with office 2003
> installed. I have tried ALL of the Microsoft supports "fixes" (ose reinstall,
> untinstall/reinstall office, registry edits, batch files, restores, etc,
> etc.) along with tech chats with hp on a daily basis for a week+. I finally
> broke down and ordered the update disc for office from Microsoft for a manual
> install..you can't do it online since it just takes you back to the vista
> auto update crap with the same error code result... I haven't received the
> disc yet, but I'm hoping this will at least solve my update problem. I have
> all but given up on the auto update issue, I can't believe that Microsoft
> can't get something as basic as updates correct on a so called "latest and
> greatest" operating system?? What really chaps me is the fact that so many
> people are having the same issue and Microsoft can't come up with a permanent
> fix.
> --
> Will Bowlin
>

> "Kosh" wrote:
>
> > Finally got to the root of this. I had been using another firewall as the
> > vista one is still far from acceptible however this one was too secure for
> > it's own good. Although I had been disabling it, it had been still running
> > something at bootup which was stopping the updates from completing. Probably
> > preventing the update from accessing the files / folders etc that it needed
> > to.
> >
> > My solution was to completely remove the firewall and go back to using the
> > vista one. I then had to install the updates one by one as apparently doing
> > more than that had a tendency to screw up the OS as well and I had to restore
> > he OS back to before all updates. So doing them one at a time, rebooting
> > after each update has enabled me to install 13 / 14 updates successfully.
> >
> > I'm still having an issue with update (KB933566) - Cumulative Security
> > Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista. After this installs windows
> > will not boot. Gets to the loading screen and then goes black and displays
> > the mouse pointer but nothing else. The only way to get windows to boot is to
> > use F8 and start with driver signing enforcement disabled. This works and
> > when I check the logs the update had been installed successfully, however in
> > this mode a lot of windows features stope working, e.g. Windows Update will
> > not load, neither will system restore. So it looks like i'm going to have to
> > remove this update using the dell system restore partition. That has truly
> > been a godsend during this whole experience.
> >
> > Has anyone else been having this trouble with update KB933566?

msboc

RE: Error 80070643 Updating Windows Update
ngI have a couple of questions; and from them you can tell I'm no computer
geek.

I'm not concerned with auto updates which have definitely been failing. I'm
just concerned with manual updates which fail as well. A number of weeks ago
I was having trouble with a real slowdown in my computer. I called Dell and
paid for phone software service. At some point I think my registry was
touched though I don't remember for sure.

Can you explain. Is the disc you got the equivalent of a complete reformat?
Sorry for sounding and I guess being so dense.