HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta

zkyboy

HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
After updating my IE7 to IE8 today, I tried to update my windows vista by
visting the Windows Update Website:http://www.update.microsoft.com, but then
I was redirected to an error page:
http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...&&thankspage=5
WHY? IS IE8 not the latest version browser?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
IE8 is a "beta" product and thus not yet supported
for Windows Update.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"zkyboy" wrote:

After updating my IE7 to IE8 today, I tried to update my windows vista by
visting the Windows Update Website:http://www.update.microsoft.com, but then
I was redirected to an error page:
http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...&&thankspage=5
WHY? IS IE8 not the latest version browser?
Alias

zkyboy wrote:
> After updating my IE7 to IE8 today, I tried to update my windows vista by
> visting the Windows Update Website:http://www.update.microsoft.com, but then
> I was redirected to an error page:
> http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...&&thankspage=5
> WHY? IS IE8 not the latest version browser?

Hopefully you haven't totally screwed up your computer. IE8 is in BETA 1
and should not be used by *anybody* but BETA testers. Try and uninstall
it. If that doesn't work, you may very well face reinstalling Vista.

Alias
Alias

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> IE8 is a "beta" product and thus not yet supported
> for Windows Update.

That tells the OP how to fix it. NOT!

Oh, Carey, when are you going to learn to stop top posting with a
delimiter that nukes the OP's message when a real news reader is used?

Alias
SG

Re: HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
If it is not yet supported for Windows Update Alias then how would one give
a correct answer? You can't support something that hasn't been implemented.
I do however think that MS should redirect anyone with IE8 that tries what
the OP did to a different page and briefly explain why they are getting that
message.

--
All the best,
SG

ALEX NICHOL
(1935-2005)
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
You will never be forgotten my friend

"Alias" <iamalias@removethisgmail.com> wrote in message
> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> IE8 is a "beta" product and thus not yet supported
>> for Windows Update.
>>

> That tells the OP how to fix it. NOT!
>
> Oh, Carey, when are you going to learn to stop top posting with a
> delimiter that nukes the OP's message when a real news reader is used?
>
> Alias

Alias

SG wrote:
> If it is not yet supported for Windows Update Alias then how would one
> give a correct answer?

Read my reply to the OP.

> You can't support something that hasn't been
> implemented. I do however think that MS should redirect anyone with IE8
> that tries what the OP did to a different page and briefly explain why
> they are getting that message.

Saying it is not supported is not helpful. You could use some lessons
about top posting with a delimiter too.

Alias
SG

> SG wrote:
>> If it is not yet supported for Windows Update Alias then how would one
>> give a correct answer?

> Read my reply to the OP.
>
>> You can't support something that hasn't been implemented. I do however
>> think that MS should redirect anyone with IE8 that tries what the OP did
>> to a different page and briefly explain why they are getting that
>> message.
>>

> Saying it is not supported is not helpful. You could use some lessons
> about top posting with a delimiter too.
>
> Alias

OK

realcestmoi

Re: HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
Hi there,

You have been served just fine: as Carey stated it is not supported because
it is Beta sotfware.

Solution: uninstall the beta software and all is well

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Alias" <iamalias@removethisgmail.com> wrote in message
> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> IE8 is a "beta" product and thus not yet supported
>> for Windows Update.
>>

> That tells the OP how to fix it. NOT!
>
> Oh, Carey, when are you going to learn to stop top posting with a
> delimiter that nukes the OP's message when a real news reader is used?
>
> Alias

zkyboy

RE: HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
hi, guys

i've found how to solve this problem:
1)Click "Emulate IE7" button in the Toolbar,
2)click "OK" in the messagebox,
3)close the browser and launch another IE8 session,
4)visit the Window Update Website, and it works!

thx for all your response!
zkyboy

"zkyboy" wrote:

> After updating my IE7 to IE8 today, I tried to update my windows vista by
> visting the Windows Update Website:http://www.update.microsoft.com, but then
> I was redirected to an error page:
> http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...&&thankspage=5
> WHY? IS IE8 not the latest version browser?

Re: HELP! Windows Update Problem with IE8 beta
Yes, just as posted in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/