Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Update Failure 0xc8000643

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2008
MikeyNess
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Update Failure 0xc8000643
Hi, I am a MCP.
Have a install of Vista that won't take WU it spits back this error.
0xc8000643 There is no data on this error on technet.

Tried to install SP1, and the same error happens. Unistalled SP1
Thought perhaps the problem lies in doing updates in the proper order.

Went to un-install updates and I noticed 3 updates I can't seem to get rid of.
All Dated 2/29/2008 (KB8938371)(KB935509)(KB937287), yet on "installed
updates" it shows none of these.
Again on update history there is no mention of these 3 in fact it shows no
updates have been installed since 11/15/2007

Clearly the history, and what is installed is in conflict.

Is there a RESET that can be applied to WU to force it to RE-DO all the
updates even if they are installed?

or

What is the process I can fix this, (without having to do a vista repair)

Thanks

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Failure 0xc8000643
MikeyNess wrote:
> Hi, I am a MCP.


Good for you! Your mother must be so proud.

> Have a install of Vista that won't take WU it spits back this error.
> 0xc8000643 There is no data on this error on technet.

<snip>

Nope, there isn't, which is why we've told everyone else with this error
to...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2008
MikeyNess
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Failure 0xc8000643
She is....

Course Like you, she does not have the answer to the problem I'm having.
(Just was setting the tone, I'm a MS OEM System Builder/MCP

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> MikeyNess wrote:
> > Hi, I am a MCP.

>
> Good for you! Your mother must be so proud.
>
> > Have a install of Vista that won't take WU it spits back this error.
> > 0xc8000643 There is no data on this error on technet.

> <snip>
>
> Nope, there isn't, which is why we've told everyone else with this error
> to...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Update Failure 0xc8000643
"MikeyNess" <MikeyNess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:298C898A-051A-4BA1-90D6-00FC583B8BC5@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I am a MCP.
> Have a install of Vista that won't take WU it spits back this error.
> 0xc8000643 There is no data on this error on technet.



So why not search on this newsgroup for related discussions? ; ]
Here are some more keywords to aid your search...

<cmd_output>
F:\>set /a c = 0x643
1603
F:\>net helpmsg %c%

Fatal error during installation.
</cmd_output>


Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update Failure jsowers microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-22-2008 05:49
Windows update failure Caved1ver microsoft.public.windowsupdate 11 01-15-2008 04:22
Windows update failure HBomb101273 microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 0 01-06-2008 13:57
Windows update failure HBomb101273 microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 2 01-06-2008 12:55
windows update 3.1 failure hermantst microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 12-18-2007 19:05




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:40.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120