HID Non user input data filer won't install

James

HID Non user input data filer won't install
Hid non user input dater filter won't install after installing MS wireless
laser mouse 6000. yet every bootup it wants to install this. How do I stop it
from trying to install it?
Thanks

Re: HID Non user input data filer won't install
How does this relate to Windows Update, James?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

James wrote:
> Hid non user input dater filter won't install after installing MS wireless
> laser mouse 6000. yet every bootup it wants to install this. How do I stop
> it from trying to install it?
> Thanks

J.P. Biddle

Re: HID Non user input data filer won't install
That was a suggestion to solve the problem. The update for said would not
install.
--
JPB

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does this relate to Windows Update, James?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> James wrote:
> > Hid non user input dater filter won't install after installing MS wireless
> > laser mouse 6000. yet every bootup it wants to install this. How do I stop
> > it from trying to install it?
> > Thanks

Bill SHolland

Re: HID Non user input data filer won't install
I have the exact same issue. I have the same mouse, when I start my computer
I get a window error msg that HID Non-user input data filter won't install. I
try the troubleshoot - it still won't install - so I close that window. I do
a windows update (select custom). I see the HID Non-user input filter update.
I try installing this update - and it continues to fail. I have a Dell
Latitude D610 laptop, I uninstalled touch pad (Alps) drivers. In the boot
setup - I changed setting to internal mouse. I've rebooted several times. I
downloaded Intelli point 6.2 (I assume my mouse is version 1 since I don't
see version 2 listed on the mouse).

The annoying error boot pop up only happens when the Wireless Microsoft
Laser 6000 is connected (via USB).

HELP HELP HELP

--
Bill

"J.P. Biddle" wrote:

> That was a suggestion to solve the problem. The update for said would not
> install.
> --
> JPB
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > How does this relate to Windows Update, James?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > James wrote:
> > > Hid non user input dater filter won't install after installing MS wireless
> > > laser mouse 6000. yet every bootup it wants to install this. How do I stop
> > > it from trying to install it?
> > > Thanks

Re: HID Non user input data filer won't install
Contact Dell Support or post in the appropriate Dell Community Forum.

Bill SHolland wrote:
> I have the exact same issue. I have the same mouse, when I start my
> computer
> I get a window error msg that HID Non-user input data filter won't
> install.
> I try the troubleshoot - it still won't install - so I close that window.
> do a windows update (select custom). I see the HID Non-user input filter
> update. I try installing this update - and it continues to fail. I have a
> Dell Latitude D610 laptop, I uninstalled touch pad (Alps) drivers. In the
> boot setup - I changed setting to internal mouse. I've rebooted several
> times. I downloaded Intelli point 6.2 (I assume my mouse is version 1
> since
> I don't see version 2 listed on the mouse).
>
> The annoying error boot pop up only happens when the Wireless Microsoft
> Laser 6000 is connected (via USB).
>
> HELP HELP HELP
>

>> That was a suggestion to solve the problem. The update for said would not
>> install.
>> --
>> JPB
>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> How does this relate to Windows Update, James?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bill SHolland

Re: HID Non user input data filer won't install
I spent hours with Dell technicians regarding this - they said it's a
microsoft issue. I agree with them - based on all my google searches I spent
doing regarding this issue. There many non Dell brand individuals with the
same issue. It's a Windows issue. Read the posting in this forum alone there
are numerous others with the same issue.
--
Bill

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Contact Dell Support or post in the appropriate Dell Community Forum.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Bill SHolland wrote:
> > I have the exact same issue. I have the same mouse, when I start my
> > computer
> > I get a window error msg that HID Non-user input data filter won't
> > install.
> > I try the troubleshoot - it still won't install - so I close that window.
> > do a windows update (select custom). I see the HID Non-user input filter
> > update. I try installing this update - and it continues to fail. I have a
> > Dell Latitude D610 laptop, I uninstalled touch pad (Alps) drivers. In the
> > boot setup - I changed setting to internal mouse. I've rebooted several
> > times. I downloaded Intelli point 6.2 (I assume my mouse is version 1
> > since
> > I don't see version 2 listed on the mouse).
> >
> > The annoying error boot pop up only happens when the Wireless Microsoft
> > Laser 6000 is connected (via USB).
> >
> > HELP HELP HELP
> >

> >> That was a suggestion to solve the problem. The update for said would not
> >> install.
> >> --
> >> JPB

Robert Aldwinckle

"Bill SHolland" <BillSHolland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I spent hours with Dell technicians regarding this - they said it's a
> microsoft issue. I agree with them - based on all my google searches I spent
> doing regarding this issue.

> There many non Dell brand individuals with the same issue. It's a Windows issue.

What issue? Judging by poster Biddle's comment it looks like a symptom
caused by a misapplication of an unnamed fix for an unspecified symptom.
Why not just back off the unnamed fix?

Details? ; }

---

> Read the posting in this forum alone there
> are numerous others with the same issue.
> --
> Bill
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Contact Dell Support or post in the appropriate Dell Community Forum.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Bill SHolland wrote:
>> > I have the exact same issue. I have the same mouse, when I start my
>> > computer
>> > I get a window error msg that HID Non-user input data filter won't
>> > install.
>> > I try the troubleshoot - it still won't install - so I close that window.
>> > do a windows update (select custom). I see the HID Non-user input filter
>> > update. I try installing this update - and it continues to fail. I have a
>> > Dell Latitude D610 laptop, I uninstalled touch pad (Alps) drivers. In the
>> > boot setup - I changed setting to internal mouse. I've rebooted several
>> > times. I downloaded Intelli point 6.2 (I assume my mouse is version 1
>> > since
>> > I don't see version 2 listed on the mouse).
>> >
>> > The annoying error boot pop up only happens when the Wireless Microsoft
>> > Laser 6000 is connected (via USB).
>> >
>> > HELP HELP HELP

Eric Whiteman

RE: HID Non user input data filer won't install
After beating my head against the wall and reading ALL of the posts of people
having this problem, and no one giving a solution, but a few were able to
lead me down the right path.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION!!! (at least it worked for me!)

Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete wdf01000.sys

Then, go to windows update, and select Custom. Then select hardware updates,
and HID non-user Input data filter should be there again. Now select
download and install, and it should enter the correct information and fix
your HID non-user Input Data Filter Error / fatal error / failed to install
problem.

Ron

"Eric Whiteman" wrote:

> After beating my head against the wall and reading ALL of the posts of people
> having this problem, and no one giving a solution, but a few were able to
> lead me down the right path.
>
> HERE IS THE SOLUTION!!! (at least it worked for me!)
>
> Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete wdf01000.sys
>
> Then, go to windows update, and select Custom. Then select hardware updates,
> and HID non-user Input data filter should be there again. Now select
> download and install, and it should enter the correct information and fix
> your HID non-user Input Data Filter Error / fatal error / failed to install
> problem.

rose749