Kb941833 install problem

cab_cool

Kb941833 install problem
hi
i have problem intalling the above update to my vista OS
it comes up with the following error message when start the installer package:
Error opening intallation log file. Verify that the specified log file
location exists
and is writable.

i have tried save+install and run from the download window both come with
the same error
this error isn't in the known errors

pc specs:
q6600, p35c-ds3r, 4Gb ram, 8800gts, vista ultimate 64-bit
please help?

Re: Kb941833 install problem
See Known Issues section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

cab_cool wrote:
> hi
> i have problem intalling the above update to my vista OS
> it comes up with the following error message when start the installer
> package: Error opening intallation log file. Verify that the specified log
> file location exists
> and is writable.
>
> i have tried save+install and run from the download window both come with
> the same error
> this error isn't in the known errors
>

> pc specs:
> q6600, p35c-ds3r, 4Gb ram, 8800gts, vista ultimate 64-bit
> please help?

cab_cool

Re: Kb941833 install problem
i follow the steps and it doesn't make a difference it still stops a the same
spot

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See Known Issues section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> cab_cool wrote:
> > hi
> > i have problem intalling the above update to my vista OS
> > it comes up with the following error message when start the installer
> > package: Error opening intallation log file. Verify that the specified log
> > file location exists
> > and is writable.
> >
> > i have tried save+install and run from the download window both come with
> > the same error
> > this error isn't in the known errors
> >

> > pc specs:
> > q6600, p35c-ds3r, 4Gb ram, 8800gts, vista ultimate 64-bit
> > please help?

Re: Kb941833 install problem

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB941833).

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

cab_cool wrote:
> i follow the steps and it doesn't make a difference it still stops a the
> same spot
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> See Known Issues section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941833
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> cab_cool wrote:
>>> hi
>>> i have problem intalling the above update to my vista OS
>>> it comes up with the following error message when start the installer
>>> package: Error opening intallation log file. Verify that the specified
>>> log
>>> file location exists
>>> and is writable.
>>>
>>> i have tried save+install and run from the download window both come
>>> with
>>> the same error
>>> this error isn't in the known errors
>>>

>>> pc specs:
>>> q6600, p35c-ds3r, 4Gb ram, 8800gts, vista ultimate 64-bit
>>> please help?

ricker2