Error 80072EFD

SickNTired

Error 80072EFD
I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I don't
understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
forum are also too technical for me.
Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows update
page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on,
but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't want
to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??
SickNTired

RE: Error 80072EFD
I forgot, I have Windows XP SP2
TaurArian

Re: Error 80072EFD
Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware program, web
accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy server is interfering with
the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing the Internet.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

See also:
When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the 0x8024502d
error - WinXP.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"SickNTired" <SickNTired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I don't
| understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
| forum are also too technical for me.
| Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
| Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows update
| page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on,
| but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't want
| to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
| Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

Kayman

Re: Error 80072EFD
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 00:01:01 -0800, SickNTired wrote:

> I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I don't
> understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
> forum are also too technical for me.
> Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
> Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows update
> page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on,
> but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't want
> to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
> Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

Why don't you Google for: Error 80072EFD
;-)

Re: Error 80072EFD
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d& hl=en

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!
============================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

SickNTired wrote:
> I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I
> don't
> understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
> forum are also too technical for me.
> Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
> Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows
> update
> page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall
> on,
> but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't
> want
> to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
> Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

Richard

RE: Error 80072EFD
I have windows vista home premium.

I have looked on microsoft web site and cannot find an answer to my problem.
I have done everthing it says to do for error 80072efd.

Microsoft says that I must go to dell computers to get help, they will not
help, have to be the one who installed the software. Dell wants to charge
over a 100 for one call and over 200 for others. One of Dells personnel said
that I did not need to get updates. wow.

This is rediculous that microsoft with all their money that they will not
help to fix the problem.

"SickNTired" wrote:

> I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH. I don't
> understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the posts in this
> forum are also too technical for me.
> Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any updates since
> Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is on. The windows update
> page just searches and returns Error 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on,
> but I don't know if there's another firewall. I don't know, and don't want
> to know how to access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
> Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

TaurArian

Re: Error 80072EFD
Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

There's a possibility that either a 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware
program, web accelerator, Internet security/antivirus program and/or a proxy
server is interfering with the Windows Update Services (SVCHOST) accessing
the Internet.

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD
error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...=en&IsMu=False

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows
Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

Richard wrote:
:: I have windows vista home premium.
::
:: I have looked on microsoft web site and cannot find an answer to my
:: problem. I have done everthing it says to do for error 80072efd.
::
:: Microsoft says that I must go to dell computers to get help, they
:: will not help, have to be the one who installed the software. Dell
:: wants to charge over a 100 for one call and over 200 for others.
:: One of Dells personnel said that I did not need to get updates. wow.
::
:: This is rediculous that microsoft with all their money that they
:: will not help to fix the problem.
::
::
::
:: "SickNTired" wrote:
::
::: I've been a computer user for 15 years, but I'm a USER not a TECH.
::: I don't understand any of the 'solutions' Microsoft offers, and the
::: posts in this forum are also too technical for me.
::: Is this as good as Microsoft gets??? I have not gotten any
::: updates since Oct 07, even though it says 'automatic updates' is
::: on. The windows update page just searches and returns Error
::: 80072EFD. I have Windows Firewall on, but I don't know if there's
::: another firewall. I don't know, and don't want to know how to
::: access the 'logfiles', or my registry.
::: Doesn't Microsoft do anything to fix their problems??

wa3wldpapunky44

Re: Error 80072EFD