Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files

flaterp

Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files
I receive the error 80072F8F when I attempt to run Windows Update on Vista
machine. I have checked system date and time as well as BIOS date and time.
Also reregistered system files, but neither of these suggestions have solved
the problem. Clock is easy problem to check, but system files are more
difficult. I assume I reregistered properly. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.
flaterp

RE: Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files
Any suggestions?

"flaterp" wrote:

> I receive the error 80072F8F when I attempt to run Windows Update on Vista
> machine. I have checked system date and time as well as BIOS date and time.
> Also reregistered system files, but neither of these suggestions have solved
> the problem. Clock is easy problem to check, but system files are more
> difficult. I assume I reregistered properly. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

flaterp

RE: Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files
Bumped again. Last attempt.

"flaterp" wrote:

> Any suggestions?
>

> "flaterp" wrote:
>
> > I receive the error 80072F8F when I attempt to run Windows Update on Vista
> > machine. I have checked system date and time as well as BIOS date and time.
> > Also reregistered system files, but neither of these suggestions have solved
> > the problem. Clock is easy problem to check, but system files are more
> > difficult. I assume I reregistered properly. Any suggestions would be
> > appreciated.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files
"flaterp" <flaterp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

(poster is using the web interface to newsgroups which has
a search tool for finding archived threads.)

> Bumped again. Last attempt.

Try a search? E.g. press Alt-7. Then type: 0x80072F8F MVP
Then press Enter. Unfortunately you can't sort by by date (e.g. to get
the latest version of a reply) but with common problems like yours
which generate such large hit lists you can try to use the web interface's
filters. E.g. press Alt-i,Enter; then pick Answered Questions and hit Enter.
However, be aware that not all useful posts get voted on so you may find
some less common helpful answers without using the filters. If you find
some, perhaps you will vote on them so the next person won't have to do
as much searching?

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> "flaterp" wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

>> "flaterp" wrote:
>>
>> > I receive the error 80072F8F when I attempt to run Windows Update on Vista
>> > machine. I have checked system date and time as well as BIOS date and time.
>> > Also reregistered system files, but neither of these suggestions have solved
>> > the problem. Clock is easy problem to check, but system files are more
>> > difficult. I assume I reregistered properly. Any suggestions would be
>> > appreciated.

TaurArian

Re: Receive error 80072F8F; but not clock or system files

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org