WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000

Preacher Man

WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)

Download size: 2.8 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Recommended

I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update and
the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?

Edward
kiwi-165

RE: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.

"Preacher Man" wrote:

> Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)
>
> Download size: 2.8 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update and
> the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
> WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?
>
> Edward

Re: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Try to follow described on "Method 3" of the following kb article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en

--
Iván

Sorry if my English is not good. I'm still learning.

"kiwi-165" <kiwi-165@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
> ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.
>
> "Preacher Man" wrote:
>
>> Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)
>>
>> Download size: 2.8 MB
>>
>> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>>
>> Update type: Recommended
>>
>> I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update
>> and
>> the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
>> WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?
>>
>> Edward

maxhnb

Re: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Maybe I am not in the right place, I cant even download updates KB938371,
890830,
and kb943302. the download/install process never gets beypnd 0%. I ran
error check on the system , to no avail.....anyone able to beat this rap ?
Solutions ?
--
Can they ever get this thing right ?

> --
> Iván
>
> Sorry if my English is not good. I'm still learning.
>

> "kiwi-165" <kiwi-165@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
> > ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.
> >
> > "Preacher Man" wrote:
> >
> >> Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)
> >>
> >> Download size: 2.8 MB
> >>
> >> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
> >>
> >> Update type: Recommended
> >>
> >> I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update
> >> and
> >> the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
> >> WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?
> >>
> >> Edward

bookmarc1947

RE: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
I am having the same problem. When I try update all I get is that error code.
It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Is there a fix?

"kiwi-165" wrote:

> even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
> ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.
>
> "Preacher Man" wrote:
>
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)
> >
> > Download size: 2.8 MB
> >
> > You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
> >
> > Update type: Recommended
> >
> > I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update and
> > the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
> > WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?
> >
> > Edward

ozrosco

RE: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Yes, lots of people and my time is valuable, so it can just stay uninstalled
until the problem is rectified properly, when in doubt reinstall everything
diagnostics is a cop is not ensuring outcome realisation for the customer!

"bookmarc1947" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. When I try update all I get is that error code.
> It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Is there a fix?
>
> "kiwi-165" wrote:
>
> > even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
> > ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.
> >
> > "Preacher Man" wrote:
> >
> > > Update for Windows Vista (KB943302)
> > >
> > > Download size: 2.8 MB
> > >
> > > You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
> > >
> > > Update type: Recommended
> > >
> > > I have tried to install this update from both my computer windows update and
> > > the Microsoft web site and it won't install, it says error.
> > > WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000 So what do I do?
> > >
> > > Edward

technogranny

RE: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi I have just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now can't update as all I get
is this error code! It won't let me update any of the updates available. Is
there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
--
technogranny

"ozrosco" wrote:

> Yes, lots of people and my time is valuable, so it can just stay uninstalled
> until the problem is rectified properly, when in doubt reinstall everything
> diagnostics is a cop is not ensuring outcome realisation for the customer!
>
> "bookmarc1947" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same problem. When I try update all I get is that error code.
> > It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Is there a fix?
> >
> > "kiwi-165" wrote:
> >
> > > even after restarting my computer, update is still not install. any more
> > > ideas. also there no other info on this error code. thanks........kieran.

TaurArian

Re: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you receive an error
message that includes the following code when you try to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712

and/or
Reinstall the Windows Update Agent - see A new version of the Windows Update Agent is
available
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"technogranny" <technogranny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi I have just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now can't update as all I get
| is this error code! It won't let me update any of the updates available. Is
| there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
| --
| technogranny
|

| "ozrosco" wrote:
|
| > Yes, lots of people and my time is valuable, so it can just stay uninstalled
| > until the problem is rectified properly, when in doubt reinstall everything
| > diagnostics is a cop is not ensuring outcome realisation for the customer!
| >
| > "bookmarc1947" wrote:
| >
| > > I am having the same problem. When I try update all I get is that error code.
| > > It looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. Is there a fix?

technogranny

Re: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
I have done this and downloaded the Windows Update agent and it still will
not install any updates. So what now?
--
technogranny

"TaurArian" wrote:

> The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you receive an error
> message that includes the following code when you try to use Windows Update: "0x80073712"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712
>
> and/or
> Reinstall the Windows Update Agent - see A new version of the Windows Update Agent is
> available
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "technogranny" <technogranny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi I have just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now can't update as all I get
> | is this error code! It won't let me update any of the updates available. Is
> | there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
> | --
> | technogranny
> |

> | "ozrosco" wrote:
> |
> | > Yes, lots of people and my time is valuable, so it can just stay uninstalled
> | > until the problem is rectified properly, when in doubt reinstall everything
> | > diagnostics is a cop is not ensuring outcome realisation for the customer!

TaurArian

Re: WindowsUpdate_80073712 WindowsUpdate_dt000
Did you reboot?

|I have done this and downloaded the Windows Update agent and it still will
| not install any updates. So what now?
| --
| technogranny
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > The "Windows Features" dialog box is empty in Windows Vista, or you receive an error
| > message that includes the following code when you try to use Windows Update:
"0x80073712"
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712
| >
| > and/or
| > Reinstall the Windows Update Agent - see A new version of the Windows Update Agent is
| > available
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928
| >

| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "technogranny" <technogranny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hi I have just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now can't update as all I get
| > | is this error code! It won't let me update any of the updates available. Is
| > | there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
| > | --
| > | technogranny
| > |
| > |