Recent update made everything too small

jessk

Recent update made everything too small
Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
problem?

Thanks!
--
jessk
jcms

RE: Recent update made everything too small
Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
--
Thankyou
jcms

"jessk" wrote:

> Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
> installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
> morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
> much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
> problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
> right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
> again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
> problem?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> jessk

jessk

RE: Recent update made everything too small
So do you know what the update is for or if it is necessary?
--
jessk

"jcms" wrote:

> Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> --
> Thankyou
> jcms
>

> "jessk" wrote:
>
> > Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
> > installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
> > morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
> > much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
> > problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
> > right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
> > again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
> > problem?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > jessk

jcms

RE: Recent update made everything too small
No I Don't, but I 'm going to look into it. I was cocerned, it might be
important, but not after seeing what it can do on your computer. I saw that
update earlier, but it was listed as optional, not it's important. Who knows.
--
Thankyou
jcms

"jessk" wrote:

> So do you know what the update is for or if it is necessary?
> --
> jessk
>

> "jcms" wrote:
>
> > Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> > finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> > install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> > unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> > today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> > time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> > I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> > --
> > Thankyou
> > jcms
> >

> > "jessk" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
> > > installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
> > > morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
> > > much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
> > > problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
> > > right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
> > > again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
> > > problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > jessk

CSW

RE: Recent update made everything too small
I have the same problem driving me nuts, it will not allow me to reset to the
former driver, Norton Save and Restore will not restore, and Microsoft says
it has no restore points.

"jcms" wrote:

> Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> --
> Thankyou
> jcms
>

> "jessk" wrote:
>
> > Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
> > installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
> > morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
> > much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
> > problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
> > right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
> > again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
> > problem?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > jessk

Heidi

RE: Recent update made everything too small
My PC went completely bonkers after installing that update - I could not use
my keyboard, could not even sign into the PC. Finally had to manually shut
it down, then go back in through safe mode and restore before the update.
Since it says important, I'm not sure what to do either, but with it, I can't
use the computer at all.

"CSW" wrote:

> I have the same problem driving me nuts, it will not allow me to reset to the
> former driver, Norton Save and Restore will not restore, and Microsoft says
> it has no restore points.
>
> "jcms" wrote:
>
> > Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> > finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> > install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> > unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> > today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> > time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> > I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> > --
> > Thankyou
> > jcms
> >

> > "jessk" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
> > > installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer Saturday
> > > morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window) was
> > > much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix this
> > > problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer back to
> > > right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
> > > again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix the
> > > problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > jessk

Thom

RE: Recent update made everything too small
I have the small screen problem after this update. Not being the sharpest
person on doing a recovery can someone talk me thru it?

Thom

"Heidi" wrote:

> My PC went completely bonkers after installing that update - I could not use
> my keyboard, could not even sign into the PC. Finally had to manually shut
> it down, then go back in through safe mode and restore before the update.
> Since it says important, I'm not sure what to do either, but with it, I can't
> use the computer at all.
>
> "CSW" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem driving me nuts, it will not allow me to reset to the
> > former driver, Norton Save and Restore will not restore, and Microsoft says
> > it has no restore points.
> >
> > "jcms" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> > > finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> > > install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> > > unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> > > today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> > > time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> > > I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> > > --
> > > Thankyou
> > > jcms

jessk

RE: Recent update made everything too small
I contacted Dell Support and here is the response I was given:

1. "Unstall the video driver in 'Device Manager' by using the following steps
a. Click the start button
b. Left click on control panel
c. Left click on 'Switch to classic view'
d. Double left click on 'System' icon
e. Left click on 'Hardware' tab
f. Left click on 'Device Manager' button
g. Click on the '+' sign next to 'Display Adapter' to expand the
entry for that
category
h. Right click on the entry that would populate and left click on
'uninstall'
2. Please restart the system
3. Please check if the issue is now resolved. If you continue to have the
same issues, please download and install R167384.EXE from
http://tinyurl.com/32vr35.

I have not yet tried this so don't know if it will work or not. I sure hope
it does.

Jessk

--
jessk

"jcms" wrote:

> No I Don't, but I 'm going to look into it. I was cocerned, it might be
> important, but not after seeing what it can do on your computer. I saw that
> update earlier, but it was listed as optional, not it's important. Who knows.
> --
> Thankyou
> jcms
>

> "jessk" wrote:
>
> > So do you know what the update is for or if it is necessary?
> > --
> > jessk
> >

> > "jcms" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> > > finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> > > install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> > > unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> > > today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is every
> > > time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think if
> > > I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> > > --
> > > Thankyou
> > > jcms

realcestmoi

Re: Recent update made everything too small
Hi there,

Did you try changing the screen resolution?

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"jcms" <discussions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, It happen to me too, (3) times, & I restored to, but it came back,
> finally I change my window update settings, to ask first to download and
> install, instead of automatic. Then when I viewed the newest updates, I
> unchecked intel chipset, right clicked, and chose to hide update, that was
> today, so we'll see if that takes care of the problem. The problem is
> every
> time you restore, that update isn't updated, so it comes back, but I think
> if
> I hide it, it might not show up again, lets hope not.
> --
> Thankyou
> jcms
>

> "jessk" wrote:
>
>> Hello! An update for Intel Corportation Video Express Chipset Family was
>> installed on my computer on Friday night. When I got on my computer
>> Saturday
>> morning, everything (text, text boxes, internet windows, email window)
>> was
>> much smaller than usual and very difficult to read. After trying to fix
>> this
>> problem with no luck, I just did a system restore and set my computer
>> back to
>> right before the update. However, this morning the update was installed
>> again so I am wondering if this happened to anyone else and how do I fix
>> the
>> problem?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> --
>> jessk

Jigsaw

RE: Recent update made everything too small
I got the same small text problem after a Friday night update. Did the
restore feature and it went away. Problem returned on Saturday. This time
Restore couldn't restore for some reason. Seems the culpret is the Video
express Chipset update. Is there any way to uninstall this update, or will
Intel Corp acknowledge the problem and fix it for us all?

--
Ray