Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

unable tyo update windows xp

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
unable tyo update windows xp
I'm unable to update windows XP the followign is the message I get;

[Error number: 0x8007000B]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)



What does it mean?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable tyo update windows xp
0x8007000B COR_E_BADIMAGEFORMAT
The format of the DLL or executable being loaded is invalid

Please revisit Windows Update once more. When the visit fails, close
Internet Explorer. Go to Start > Run > type in

%windir%\windowsupdate.log

Click OK or press Enter
The WindowsUpdate.log will now be open.
Scroll down to the very bottom of it and copy & paste the last 30 - 40
lines of it into your reply, please.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Rick wrote:

> I'm unable to update windows XP the followign is the message I get;
>
> [Error number: 0x8007000B]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
>
>
> What does it mean?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008
Rick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable tyo update windows xp
here it is;

2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe
2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI ----------- COMAPI:
IUpdateServiceManager::AddService -----------
2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI - ServiceId =
{7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d}
2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI - AuthorizationCabPath =
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\muauth.ca b
2008-03-06 01:19:11:792 1108 628 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\Downloade d\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d.auth.cab.temp\muauth.cab:
2008-03-06 01:19:11:886 1108 628 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc = Process:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c DtaStor Update service properties: service
registered with AU is {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}
2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI - Added service, URL =
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI ----------- COMAPI:
IUpdateServiceManager::RegisterServiceWithAU -----------
2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI - ServiceId =
{7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d}
2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe
2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc = Module:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:14:208 4644 678 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...r/wuredir.cab:
error 0x8007000b
2008-03-06 01:19:14:208 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-03-06 01:19:14:224 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:14:489 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2008-03-06 01:19:14:504 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:14:551 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
2008-03-06 01:19:14:582 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:14:707 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
2008-03-06 01:19:14:707 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2008-03-06 01:19:16:640 4644 678 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for
http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...sus3setup.cab: error 0x8007000b


"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 0x8007000B COR_E_BADIMAGEFORMAT
> The format of the DLL or executable being loaded is invalid
>
> Please revisit Windows Update once more. When the visit fails, close
> Internet Explorer. Go to Start > Run > type in
>
> %windir%\windowsupdate.log
>
> Click OK or press Enter
> The WindowsUpdate.log will now be open.
> Scroll down to the very bottom of it and copy & paste the last 30 - 40
> lines of it into your reply, please.
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
>
>
> Rick wrote:
>
> > I'm unable to update windows XP the followign is the message I get;
> >
> > [Error number: 0x8007000B]
> > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> > For self-help options:
> >
> > Frequently Asked Questions
> >
> > Find Solutions
> >
> > Windows Update Newsgroup
> > For assisted support options:
> >
> > Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
> >
> >
> >
> > What does it mean?

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: unable tyo update windows xp
Please check the date and time of the system, Rick. The log was posted
on March 5th and the log shows March 6th as the attempted update date.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============



Rick wrote:

> here it is;
>
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc =========== Logging initialized
> (build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\iexplore.exe
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 Misc = Module:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI ----------- COMAPI:
> IUpdateServiceManager::AddService -----------
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI - ServiceId =
> {7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d}
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:746 4644 678 COMAPI - AuthorizationCabPath =
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\muauth.ca b
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:792 1108 628 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\Downloade d\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d.auth.cab.temp\muauth.cab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:886 1108 628 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc =========== Logging initialized
> (build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc = Process:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c Misc = Module:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:948 3948 103c DtaStor Update service properties: service
> registered with AU is {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI - Added service, URL =
> http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI ----------- COMAPI:
> IUpdateServiceManager::RegisterServiceWithAU -----------
> 2008-03-06 01:19:11:979 4644 678 COMAPI - ServiceId =
> {7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d}
> 2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc =========== Logging initialized
> (build: 7.0.6000.381, tz: -0500) ===========
> 2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\iexplore.exe
> 2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc = Module:
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
> 2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:12:057 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:208 4644 678 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> for http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...r/wuredir.cab:
> error 0x8007000b
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:208 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:224 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:489 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:504 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:551 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:582 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:707 4644 678 Misc Validating signature for
> C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
> 2008-03-06 01:19:14:707 4644 678 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
> 2008-03-06 01:19:16:640 4644 678 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
> for
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...sus3setup.cab: error 0x8007000b
>
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>
>>0x8007000B COR_E_BADIMAGEFORMAT
>>The format of the DLL or executable being loaded is invalid
>>
>>Please revisit Windows Update once more. When the visit fails, close
>>Internet Explorer. Go to Start > Run > type in
>>
>>%windir%\windowsupdate.log
>>
>>Click OK or press Enter
>>The WindowsUpdate.log will now be open.
>>Scroll down to the very bottom of it and copy & paste the last 30 - 40
>>lines of it into your reply, please.
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>
>>
>>
>>Rick wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I'm unable to update windows XP the followign is the message I get;
>>>
>>>[Error number: 0x8007000B]
>>> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
>>>trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>>>For self-help options:
>>>
>>>Frequently Asked Questions
>>>
>>>Find Solutions
>>>
>>>Windows Update Newsgroup
>>>For assisted support options:
>>>
>>>Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>What does it mean?

>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Windows Defender - unable to complete the update s.cottrell microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 02-29-2008 14:47
Unable to personalise Windows Update morisimo microsoft.public.windowsupdate 5 01-09-2008 21:20
Re: Unable to use Windows Update Robersabel microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 01-02-2008 21:19
Re: Unable to use Windows Update Robersabel microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 12-29-2007 22:29
Unable to connect to Windows Update Denny microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 04:58




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120