cant update windows

blonde-lady25@hotmail.com

cant update windows
in the lower right corner there's an icon that tells me windows can't check
for updates. after i click the icon windows update opens up and when i click
on check for updates it checks for them but never closes out the window ive
left it up for 48 hours before and no updates or screen sayin theres no
updates aviable. im using vista, ive searched microsoft dowloaded a
updatethats was called windows genuine but still ddint solve the problem and
i check to make sure it on auto update says it automatcailly checks for
updattes too at certian time daily . if any one has experinece this or knwo
how to fix it it would be apprecited thanks in advance.
ELW

Re: cant update windows
Maybe I don't understand your problem exactly, but here's what I do. I
never use the icon in the lower right hand corner, and I've heard many
others don't either. Using Internet Explorer, just go to the Microsoft
Windows Update site and perform a manual check for updates and installation.
This always works, for me.

Let us know how this works for you.

EW