0x643 for Flash Player Security Update

Jeffo

0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
I'm getting the error 0x643 for the Flash Security Update. I went through all
the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling all the versions and still
get this stinking error. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.
realcestmoi

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
Hi there,

The right place to be is www.adobe.com and update your flash player there:
problem solved

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"Jeffo" <Jeffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting the error 0x643 for the Flash Security Update. I went through
> all
> the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling all the versions and still
> get this stinking error. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Jeffo

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
Hi,
I did that and Windows Update still says I need the security update and the
update still gives me that error code.

Did you check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-us

> Hi,
> I did that and Windows Update still says I need the security update and
> the
> update still gives me that error code.
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> The right place to be is www.adobe.com and update your flash player
>> there:
>> problem solved
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>> "Jeffo" <Jeffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm getting the error 0x643 for the Flash Security Update. I went
>> > through
>> > all
>> > the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling all the versions and
>> > still
>> > get this stinking error. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Jeffo

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
Yes "I went through all the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling all

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Did you check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-us
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
> "Jeffo" <Jeffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I did that and Windows Update still says I need the security update and
> > the
> > update still gives me that error code.
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> The right place to be is www.adobe.com and update your flash player
> >> there:
> >> problem solved
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
Hi there,

You might want to check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913433/en-us
and try deleting deleting flash.ocx
Let us know if that solves your problem?

> Yes "I went through all the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling
> all
> the versions and still get this stinking error."
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Did you check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-us
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>> "Jeffo" <Jeffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I did that and Windows Update still says I need the security update and
>> > the
>> > update still gives me that error code.

Jeffo

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
That did it! Thank you for taking the time to track that down.

I hope Windows Update works all the time now because unintalling and
reinstalling all those .NET versions took forever. I was hoping I wasn't
going to have to wait until SP3 to get that taken care of.
Jeff

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> You might want to check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913433/en-us
> and try deleting deleting flash.ocx
> Let us know if that solves your problem?
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> "Jeffo" <Jeffo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes "I went through all the steps of uninstalling .NET and reinstalling
> > all
> > the versions and still get this stinking error."
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Did you check this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/en-us
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: 0x643 for Flash Player Security Update
Hi there,

Good to hear that did the trick

Best regards,
Michel Denie