update broke vista

KevinDK

update broke vista
I have vista premium and I installed the new updates on the 24th and when I
went to go turn my computer on the next day vista wouldn't boot it just went
to a black screen. I turned off the computer and tried to restart in safe
mode and it just went back to the black screen. now anything i try i just get
to that screen can anyone help?
Engel

RE: update broke vista
Hello Kevin,

I'd recommend resubmitting your post here:

Start a help ticket.

Help and Support

http://support.microsoft.com/common/...h=1&gprid=9860

OR

I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in the U.S. or Canada.

Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the number for paid
support in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus or
security-patch related issues.

Other than that, I'm about out of ideas, so good luck with it.

Let us know

maybe someone else can conjure up something else to try.
- -- ---

"KevinDK" wrote:

> I have vista premium and I installed the new updates on the 24th and when I
> went to go turn my computer on the next day vista wouldn't boot it just went
> to a black screen. I turned off the computer and tried to restart in safe
> mode and it just went back to the black screen. now anything i try i just get
> to that screen can anyone help?

KevinDK

RE: update broke vista
I tried emailing help and support and they just redirected me back here. is
there anything else i could try the ts guy didn't have a clue what i was
talking about and told me to take my computer back to where i bought it.
anybody else no anything i'm stuck using a different computer until i can fix
my laptop.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Kevin,
>
> I'd recommend resubmitting your post here:
>
> Start a help ticket.
>
> Help and Support
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/...h=1&gprid=9860
>

> OR
>

> I'd recommend calling 1-866-pcsafety if you are in the U.S. or Canada.
>
> Elsewhere, call your local Microsoft subsidiary, or the number for paid
> support in your locale--and ask for the free help with virus or
> security-patch related issues.
>
> Other than that, I'm about out of ideas, so good luck with it.
>

> Let us know
>
> maybe someone else can conjure up something else to try.
> - -- ---
>

> "KevinDK" wrote:
>
> > I have vista premium and I installed the new updates on the 24th and when I
> > went to go turn my computer on the next day vista wouldn't boot it just went
> > to a black screen. I turned off the computer and tried to restart in safe
> > mode and it just went back to the black screen. now anything i try i just get
> > to that screen can anyone help?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: update broke vista
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
"KevinDK" <KevinDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried emailing help and support and they just redirected me back here. is
> there anything else i could try the ts guy didn't have a clue what i was
> talking about

Perhaps you didn't describe your symptoms very well?

> and told me to take my computer back to where i bought it.
> anybody else no anything i'm stuck using a different computer until i can fix
> my laptop.

It may help to tell us which updates you installed before your "black screen"
symptom started. E.g., did you get a video driver update?

Does your Vista have an alternate boot choice for standard video?
Have you tried booting with Last Known Good?

BTW posting in WU with symptoms like this is similar to running down the
street chasing the truck driver who just delivered a new appliance, trying
to get some support for it... <eg> (Cross-posting for convenience.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---