Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C

peterson

Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
I have a home network and notice that for the last 5 weeks I haven't been
getting any updates and have received the above error message on my Dell
Dimension E521 desktop; otherwise, everything is working fine. My last
successful automatic update was on 1/19/2008-Definition Update for Windows
Defender-KB915597(Definition1.24.5611.0).

Have tried everything, including checking the automatic configuration box,
but no luck.

I have another Vista computer which is receiving updates without any
problems and I've compared Internet Explorer 7 settings-all identical.

Does anyone have a solution?

TaurArian

Re: Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options, click the
Connections tab and now click LAN settings.

Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and
then click OK.

You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936

Windows Update error 8024402C
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"peterson" <peterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have a home network and notice that for the last 5 weeks I haven't been
| getting any updates and have received the above error message on my Dell
| Dimension E521 desktop; otherwise, everything is working fine. My last
| successful automatic update was on 1/19/2008-Definition Update for Windows
| Defender-KB915597(Definition1.24.5611.0).
|
| Have tried everything, including checking the automatic configuration box,
| but no luck.
|
| I have another Vista computer which is receiving updates without any
| problems and I've compared Internet Explorer 7 settings-all identical.
|
| Does anyone have a solution?

Barnabas

Re: Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
I tried to turn on the "Automatically detect settings" feature in Internet
Explorer , but the problem persists, what should I do?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options, click the
> Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
>
> Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and
> then click OK.
>
> You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Windows Update error 8024402C
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "peterson" <peterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have a home network and notice that for the last 5 weeks I haven't been
> | getting any updates and have received the above error message on my Dell
> | Dimension E521 desktop; otherwise, everything is working fine. My last
> | successful automatic update was on 1/19/2008-Definition Update for Windows
> | Defender-KB915597(Definition1.24.5611.0).
> |
> | Have tried everything, including checking the automatic configuration box,
> | but no luck.
> |
> | I have another Vista computer which is receiving updates without any
> | problems and I've compared Internet Explorer 7 settings-all identical.
> |
> | Does anyone have a solution?

TaurArian

Re: Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
Well if you're tried everything - then start a free Windows Update support incident
request:

====================================

"Barnabas" <Barnabas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I tried to turn on the "Automatically detect settings" feature in Internet
| Explorer , but the problem persists, what should I do?
|

| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options, click the
| > Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
| >
| > Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and
| > then click OK.
| >
| > You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
| >
| > Windows Update error 8024402C

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "peterson" <peterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I have a home network and notice that for the last 5 weeks I haven't been
| > | getting any updates and have received the above error message on my Dell
| > | Dimension E521 desktop; otherwise, everything is working fine. My last
| > | successful automatic update was on 1/19/2008-Definition Update for Windows
| > | Defender-KB915597(Definition1.24.5611.0).
| > |
| > | Have tried everything, including checking the automatic configuration box,
| > | but no luck.
| > |
| > | I have another Vista computer which is receiving updates without any
| > | problems and I've compared Internet Explorer 7 settings-all identical.
| > |
| > | Does anyone have a solution?
| > |

peterson

Re: Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
Been there, done that to no avail. Thanks. I need a Vista (Premium) download
from MS that actually controls the "Windows Update" function which seems to
have a glitch in it. Is there a pre-1/18/2008 stand-alone installer out there
that might address this problem or the an interface connected with IE7 that
is related to the "Windows Update" function.
--
Pete

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu, select Internet Options, click the
> Connections tab and now click LAN settings.
>
> Under Automatic configuration, select the Automatically detect settings check box, and
> then click OK.
>
> You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on the Windows
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936
>
> Windows Update error 8024402C
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...504611033.mspx
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "peterson" <peterson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I have a home network and notice that for the last 5 weeks I haven't been
> | getting any updates and have received the above error message on my Dell
> | Dimension E521 desktop; otherwise, everything is working fine. My last
> | successful automatic update was on 1/19/2008-Definition Update for Windows
> | Defender-KB915597(Definition1.24.5611.0).
> |
> | Have tried everything, including checking the automatic configuration box,
> | but no luck.
> |
> | I have another Vista computer which is receiving updates without any
> | problems and I've compared Internet Explorer 7 settings-all identical.
> |
> | Does anyone have a solution?

RafaelLind@gmail.com

Re: Vista Premium and getting Windows Update error 8024402C
I've had the same problem and i've had no updates since 12/13. I've
been downloading updates manually since. I have no clue what the
problem could be.