Vista Sp1 & XP-Sp3 available on a disk?

Howdeeee

Vista Sp1 & XP-Sp3 available on a disk?
Big thanks to all who reply to the questions posted on these forums.

Does anyone know if Vista Sp1 or XP Sp3 will be made available on a CD or
DVD by MS, and if so, how do I order it.

MS made XP Sp2 available on CD for a while, and they sent it for free. Any
chance MS will do that again?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Alan

Re: Vista Sp1 & XP-Sp3 available on a disk?
It was when XP SP2 was first released that MS made XP SP2 available at no
charge.

MSFT still offers SP2 on a CD, although they now charge for the cost of
shipping.

I don't think that Microsoft has yet announced if there will be a SP3 CD
available for ordering.

Alan

"Howdeeee" <Howdeeee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Big thanks to all who reply to the questions posted on these forums.
>
> Does anyone know if Vista Sp1 or XP Sp3 will be made available on a CD or
> DVD by MS, and if so, how do I order it.
>
> MS made XP Sp2 available on CD for a while, and they sent it for free. Any
> chance MS will do that again?
>
> Thanks to anyone who responds.

Shenan Stanley

Howdeeee wrote:
> Big thanks to all who reply to the questions posted on these forums.
>
> Does anyone know if Vista Sp1 or XP Sp3 will be made available on a
> CD or DVD by MS, and if so, how do I order it.
>
> MS made XP Sp2 available on CD for a while, and they sent it for
> free. Any chance MS will do that again?
>
> Thanks to anyone who responds.

Why not wait until the two things have been released officially to the
public before worrying about how you might obtain them? ;-)

To answer your question - there's always a chance for most plausible
things - that chance is greater when it has happened previously.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

ZNDX Inc.

Re: Vista Sp1 & XP-Sp3 available on a disk?
> Why not wait until the two things have been released officially to the
> public before worrying about how you might obtain them? ;-)

Okay, today is the official release of WinXP SP3 ... I'd really like to know
if/how and where I can order a free CD for my Prof. box.
Shenan Stanley

ZNDX Inc. wrote:
> Okay, today is the official release of WinXP SP3 ... I'd really
> like to know if/how and where I can order a free CD for my Prof.
> box.

Why are you ordering the CD again?

http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...2300ebfde4.exe

There's the direct link to the official SP3 RTM download. ~316MB containing
approximately 1100 updates/etc.

At this time (7:40AM Pacific) - I don't know of any CDs being offered yet.
It took a while for DVDs to be offered for Windows Vista SP1 - likely will
be the same for Windows XP SP3. However - if you just Google and/or use the
search on Microsoft's web page (although it may be a bold posting on the
front page for Microsoft when it happens) - I am sure you can find it when
it appears.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Gray Eagle

Re: Vista Sp1 & XP-Sp3 available on a disk?
I have Win XP Home SP2 and updates to last week. Tonight when I went to the
MS Windows Update page and selected Custom Update, I got a page about SP3. It
said I could download it by selecting that option, of take a link to obtain a
CD (a physical CD - not a download image). The link took me to a maze of
verious pages each with dozens of other links and after about an hour in that
maze, I did not find anywhere that allowed me to order the dam thing!!!! I,
like a significantly large portion of MS users in the world, am on a slow
dialup internet access, So how the hell are we expected to download more that
a few MB of data. I, and I suspect most folks would have no objection at all
to paying for the cost of the CD, the copying, and the shipping - hell, even
MZ has to make a living!! If the friendly folks on this Group can't answer
or speak for MS, then who do we lodge this complaint too at the company.
Thanks for letting me blow off a little bit of steam GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Gray
Eagle

Gray Eagle wrote:
> I have Win XP Home SP2 and updates to last week. Tonight when I
> went to the MS Windows Update page and selected Custom Update, I
> got a page about SP3. It said I could download it by selecting that
> option, of take a link to obtain a CD (a physical CD - not a
> download image). The link took me to a maze of verious pages each
> with dozens of other links and after about an hour in that maze, I
> did not find anywhere that allowed me to order the dam thing!!!! I,
> like a significantly large portion of MS users in the world, am on
> a slow dialup internet access, So how the hell are we expected to
> download more that a few MB of data. I, and I suspect most folks
> would have no objection at all to paying for the cost of the CD,
> the copying, and the shipping - hell, even MZ has to make a
> living!! If the friendly folks on this Group can't answer or speak
> for MS, then who do we lodge this complaint too at the company.
> Thanks for letting me blow off a little bit of steam
> GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Gray Eagle

While I appreciate your blowing off steam - I have seen no indication that a
Windows XP SP3 CD was made available as of yet...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP