error code 80070002

kelandra_42

error code 80070002
I need help with this for the past 3 days I have been trying to get the
updates and it has always failed and come up with this code I have done what
help has said that I should do but it does not help me in anyway I still get
this same code. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this problem. Also it
says that there are 7 updates but when downloading it says there are only 6.
TaurArian

Re: error code 80070002
Would you care to tell us what your operating system is, for example are you using Vista
or Windows Xp or something else.
Would you also like to tell us what you've tried.
I assume you have tried renaming the softwaredistribution folder?

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Would you care to tell us what your operating system is, for example are you using Vista
> or Windows Xp or something else.
> Would you also like to tell us what you've tried.
> I assume you have tried renaming the softwaredistribution folder?
>
> -- Hello I am using Vista . I have tried emptying out the datastore file as the help says to do and that did not work but I have not renamed the softwaredistribution folder but I will give that a try and see if that helps.

thanks for the advice so far .
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "kelandra_42" <kelandra_42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I need help with this for the past 3 days I have been trying to get the
> | updates and it has always failed and come up with this code I have done what
> | help has said that I should do but it does not help me in anyway I still get
> | this same code. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this problem. Also it
> | says that there are 7 updates but when downloading it says there are only 6.

jshinn

Re: error code 80070002
Hello - I have been following this post. I am having the same problem.
I tried kelandra_42's suggestion of renaming the software distribution folder.
I assumed he/she meant that i should rename the existing one (which I did:
softwaredistributiona), and then created a new one called
softwaredistribution which is now empty. I attempted to reinstall the
updates and got the same error.
Any other suggestions?

> > -- Hello I am using Vista . I have tried emptying out the datastore file as the help says to do and that did not work but I have not renamed the softwaredistribution folder but I will give that a try and see if that helps.

> thanks for the advice so far .
> > ====================================
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> > ====================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> >

> > "kelandra_42" <kelandra_42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > |I need help with this for the past 3 days I have been trying to get the
> > | updates and it has always failed and come up with this code I have done what
> > | help has said that I should do but it does not help me in anyway I still get
> > | this same code. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this problem. Also it
> > | says that there are 7 updates but when downloading it says there are only 6.

scott

RE: error code 80070002
hi yes i am using windows vista and i have tried evey thing but i still get
this code 80070002 how can i gewt my update to work