Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery

CamG

Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
Hi all,

I keep having an update fail - both when done automatically & manually. It's
for Windows Live Photo Gallery & is listed as "Important". I get Error Code
524 but can't find a definition anywhere for this code.

I'm running Vista Ultimate.

Any ideas?

Cheers
CamG

RE: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
I should have said... the update's ID is KB 946486 & it's been failing for
three days now.
TaurArian

Re: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
download here: http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

Reference:
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/archive/20...ft-update.aspx
--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"CamG" <CamG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I should have said... the update's ID is KB 946486 & it's been failing for
| three days now.

Jeannie

RE: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
Having the same problem?????

"CamG" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I keep having an update fail - both when done automatically & manually. It's
> for Windows Live Photo Gallery & is listed as "Important". I get Error Code
> 524 but can't find a definition anywhere for this code.
>
> I'm running Vista Ultimate.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers

Jeannie

RE: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
tryed deleted and reintsall did not work

"Jeannie" wrote:

> Having the same problem?????
>
> "CamG" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I keep having an update fail - both when done automatically & manually. It's
> > for Windows Live Photo Gallery & is listed as "Important". I get Error Code
> > 524 but can't find a definition anywhere for this code.
> >
> > I'm running Vista Ultimate.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Cheers

webrooter

RE: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
Activate Control panel and go to software Uninstall, Repair.
Highlight Windows Live Photo Gallery and click Repair at top of screen.
Hopefully this should correct and file discrepencies, Go back to Windows
Update screen and try reinstalling update KB946486.
If this doesn't resolve this issue, try removing Windows Live Photo Gallery
and re-download new Windows Live Photo Gallery; the software is free from
Microsoft.

Truckergrove

"webrooter" wrote:

> Activate Control panel and go to software Uninstall, Repair.
> Highlight Windows Live Photo Gallery and click Repair at top of screen.
> Hopefully this should correct and file discrepencies, Go back to Windows
> Update screen and try reinstalling update KB946486.
> If this doesn't resolve this issue, try removing Windows Live Photo Gallery
> and re-download new Windows Live Photo Gallery; the software is free from
> Microsoft.

Truckergrove

"webrooter" wrote:

> Activate Control panel and go to software Uninstall, Repair.
> Highlight Windows Live Photo Gallery and click Repair at top of screen.
> Hopefully this should correct and file discrepencies, Go back to Windows
> Update screen and try reinstalling update KB946486.
> If this doesn't resolve this issue, try removing Windows Live Photo Gallery
> and re-download new Windows Live Photo Gallery; the software is free from
> Microsoft.
>

> Webrooters explaination and guidance worked for me, I had attempted to install this 15 times until then, selecting repaire and reinstalling went with out a problem... Thanks Webrooter

Gordon

RE: Error Code 524 - Windows Live Photo Gallery
I am having the same problem.