Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Enough with KB936181

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-29-2008
Kim
 

Posts: n/a
Enough with KB936181
I have done the "fixes" which worked for a while, but the problem keeps
coming back.
The real question is: When will Microsoft fix this problem? This has been
going on since August of '07. Do we finally stop reinstalling KB936181 when
the next version of Windows comes out? Why should I have to spend so much of
my valuable time trying to stop this?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....windowsupdate
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-29-2008
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Enough with KB936181
What "fixes" have you done? cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ring=d&hl =en

Have you started a free support incident?...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

Support for Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net


Kim wrote:
> I have done the "fixes" which worked for a while, but the problem keeps
> coming back.
> The real question is: When will Microsoft fix this problem? This has been
> going on since August of '07. Do we finally stop reinstalling KB936181
> when
> the next version of Windows comes out? Why should I have to spend so much
> of
> my valuable time trying to stop this?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2008
PA Bear [MS-MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Enough with KB936181
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
Update or on Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729
--
~PA Bear, MS-MVP

On Feb 29, 3:00*pm, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> What "fixes" have you done? *cf.http://groups.google.com/group/micro...update/search?...
>
> Have you started a free support incident?...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> Support for Windows Update:http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
> the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. *There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
> security updates. *When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site:http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Kim wrote:
> > I have done the "fixes" which worked for a while, but the problem keeps
> > coming back.
> > The real question is: When will Microsoft fix this problem? This has been
> > going on since August of '07. Do we finally stop reinstalling KB936181
> > when
> > the next version of Windows comes out? Why should I have to spend so much
> > of
> > my valuable time trying to stop this

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kb936181 Brian Govednik microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 08-11-2008 15:16
KB936181 Lo Mark microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-01-2008 13:27
RE: KB936181 problem Debbie microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 01-14-2008 10:43
KB936181 omar microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 11-17-2007 23:11
Re: KB936181 problem tony microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 11-04-2007 17:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120