PROBLEMS Updating.

HANNA

PROBLEMS Updating.
Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
encountered some problems and what not?

When I'm trying to download updates I see this:

Download size (total): 0 KB *
Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
(*Downloaded; ready to install)

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
it cannot be removed. Details...

AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.

It says zero...why??
Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..

"This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
it, it will finish installing" (recommended)

So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
items sayin Failed???

Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

TaurArian

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
Ignore the title - Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"HANNA" <HANNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
| encountered some problems and what not?
|
| When I'm trying to download updates I see this:
|
| Download size (total): 0 KB *
| Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
| (*Downloaded; ready to install)
|

| Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
| Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
| Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
| and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
| it cannot be removed. Details...
|
| AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.
|

| It says zero...why??
| Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
| And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..
|
| "This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
| it, it will finish installing" (recommended)
|

| So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
| computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
| items sayin Failed???
|
| Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

Spud

RE: PROBLEMS Updating.
Greetings,
I am encountering almost the same thing. I go to the update page,
click the custom button. When it get through with its processing. It says I
have 83 updates. I click install, goes through the process and then, it says
it failed to install the updates.

I can individual install the updates, but this is long and tedious.

"HANNA" wrote:

> Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
> encountered some problems and what not?
>
> When I'm trying to download updates I see this:
>
> Download size (total): 0 KB *
> Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
> (*Downloaded; ready to install)
>

> Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
> Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
> Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
> and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
> it cannot be removed. Details...
>
> AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.
>

> It says zero...why??
> Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
> And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..
>
> "This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
> it, it will finish installing" (recommended)
>

> So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
> computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
> items sayin Failed???
>
> Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

HANNA

RE: PROBLEMS Updating.
Yea!! I really don't know what is the deal with the updates thing. I really
don't know why it keeps saying "failed" in the end..... Please SOMEONE help
us!!!!

We are having same troubles....

"Spud" wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am encountering almost the same thing. I go to the update page,
> click the custom button. When it get through with its processing. It says I
> have 83 updates. I click install, goes through the process and then, it says
> it failed to install the updates.
>
> I can individual install the updates, but this is long and tedious.
>

> "HANNA" wrote:
>
> > Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
> > encountered some problems and what not?
> >
> > When I'm trying to download updates I see this:
> >
> > Download size (total): 0 KB *
> > Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
> > (*Downloaded; ready to install)
> >

> > Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
> > Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
> > Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
> > and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
> > it cannot be removed. Details...
> >
> > AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.
> >

> > It says zero...why??
> > Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
> > And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..
> >
> > "This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
> > it, it will finish installing" (recommended)
> >

> > So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
> > computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
> > items sayin Failed???
> >
> > Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

TaurArian

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
I said ignore the title (not me)

| Yea!! I really don't know what is the deal with the updates thing. I really
| don't know why it keeps saying "failed" in the end..... Please SOMEONE help
| us!!!!
|

| We are having same troubles....
|

| "Spud" wrote:
|
| > Greetings,
| > I am encountering almost the same thing. I go to the update page,
| > click the custom button. When it get through with its processing. It says I
| > have 83 updates. I click install, goes through the process and then, it says
| > it failed to install the updates.
| >
| > I can individual install the updates, but this is long and tedious.
| >

| > "HANNA" wrote:
| >
| > > Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
| > > encountered some problems and what not?
| > >
| > > When I'm trying to download updates I see this:
| > >
| > > Download size (total): 0 KB *
| > > Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
| > > (*Downloaded; ready to install)
| > >

| > > Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
| > > Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
| > > Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
| > > and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
| > > it cannot be removed. Details...
| > >
| > > AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.
| > >

| > > It says zero...why??
| > > Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
| > > And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..
| > >
| > > "This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
| > > it, it will finish installing" (recommended)
| > >

| > > So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
| > > computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
| > > items sayin Failed???
| > >
| > > Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

HANNA

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
I went to that site, but nothing helped. I can't seem to register Wups2.dll
file. On my command when I type regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll to
command it says "Load Librar etc.. module can't be found" Why is this????

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Ignore the title - Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
> Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "HANNA" <HANNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi, Okay so like I just want to make sure if the windows update has
> | encountered some problems and what not?
> |
> | When I'm trying to download updates I see this:
> |
> | Download size (total): 0 KB *
> | Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
> | (*Downloaded; ready to install)
> |

> | Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.29.7165.0)
> | Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
> | Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware
> | and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item,
> | it cannot be removed. Details...
> |
> | AND there are 84 updates more... so yea I only posted that one.
> |

> | It says zero...why??
> | Does that mean that I already downloaded it to my winxp system?
> | And on the "i" picture graphic next to the word I hovered it and it says ..
> |
> | "This update has already been downloaded to your computer but if you select
> | it, it will finish installing" (recommended)
> |

> | So what does this mean? Even if I already installed it and it's in my
> | computer WHY does it keep popping up or saying after I downloaded all 84
> | items sayin Failed???
> |
> | Pleaseee help me anyone out there. THANKS!

HANNA

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
Hi TaurArian!

I visited the link you provided and followed every step and here I
encountered some problems.. When I try to type "cmd" in run it says "cmd is
not a valid Win32 application", why is this??

So I then type in "command" and it works. I then register the wups2.dll
file, but then after that it says ... " LoadLibrary (regsvr32
%windir%\system32\wups2.dll) the specified folder could not be found..." ???

I'm so lost....

Help please .

"TaurArian" wrote:

> I said ignore the title (not me)
>
> Ignore the title - Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
> Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "HANNA" <HANNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Yea!! I really don't know what is the deal with the updates thing. I really
> | don't know why it keeps saying "failed" in the end..... Please SOMEONE help
> | us!!!!
> |

> | We are having same troubles....
> |

> | "Spud" wrote:
> |
> | > Greetings,
> | > I am encountering almost the same thing. I go to the update page,
> | > click the custom button. When it get through with its processing. It says I
> | > have 83 updates. I click install, goes through the process and then, it says
> | > it failed to install the updates.
> | >
> | > I can individual install the updates, but this is long and tedious.

HANNA

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
It keeps saying "Win32 not application" , does it mean that I don't have my
Win32 or something?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> I said ignore the title (not me)
>
> Ignore the title - Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
> Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "HANNA" <HANNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Yea!! I really don't know what is the deal with the updates thing. I really
> | don't know why it keeps saying "failed" in the end..... Please SOMEONE help
> | us!!!!
> |

> | We are having same troubles....
> |

> | "Spud" wrote:
> |
> | > Greetings,
> | > I am encountering almost the same thing. I go to the update page,
> | > click the custom button. When it get through with its processing. It says I
> | > have 83 updates. I click install, goes through the process and then, it says
> | > it failed to install the updates.
> | >
> | > I can individual install the updates, but this is long and tedious.

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware with
assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

HANNA wrote:
> Hi TaurArian!
>
> I visited the link you provided and followed every step and here I
> encountered some problems.. When I try to type "cmd" in run it says "cmd
> is
> not a valid Win32 application", why is this??
>
> So I then type in "command" and it works. I then register the wups2.dll
> file, but then after that it says ... " LoadLibrary (regsvr32
> %windir%\system32\wups2.dll) the specified folder could not be found..."
> ???
>

> I'm so lost....
>

> Help please .
>

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> I said ignore the title (not me)
>>
>> Ignore the title - Updates are not installed successfully from Windows
>> Update, from Microsoft Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you
>> repair a Windows XP installation http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>>
>> --
>> ====================================
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
>> ====================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>> Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may
>> benefit. Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "HANNA" <HANNA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Yea!! I really don't know what is the deal with the updates thing. I
>>> really don't know why it keeps saying "failed" in the end..... Please
>>> SOMEONE help us!!!!
>>>

>>> We are having same troubles....

HANNA

Re: PROBLEMS Updating.
Hi to everyone who helped!!

GOOD NEWS! I got to fix my Windows Update.

What I did was cleaned Window Update Temporary folder, then after that I
reinstalled windows update agent 3.0. Then to my surprise... IT WORKED!!!!!
thanks also to the microsoft helpers who helped.

I have another question, whenever I'm trying to go to this site..
"www.ebay.com" I can't seem to get in. It'll just redirect me or either say
"error page etc.." but I already went to the error page here in Microsoft to
try to fix the problem but didn't work. Why is this??

I cleaned my cookies and cache already and so is my browser settings....

Help? again? ahha anyone?