KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure

Starman_Florida

KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure
When selecting to download KB944533, I get a download failure warning within
a few seconds. Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Re: KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure
IE version?

Post any error messages in their entirety.

=======================================
Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!
=======================================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

!!! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call
the above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which
is 47830). <= !!!

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Starman_Florida wrote:
> When selecting to download KB944533, I get a download failure warning
> within
> a few seconds. Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure
Suggest you try to manually download KB944533, SAVE it, close the
browser when the download completes, and then install it:

If it still will not download nor install:

> How to get help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in
> Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact
> your local Microsoft subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International Support
> Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Starman_Florida wrote:

> When selecting to download KB944533, I get a download failure warning within
> a few seconds. Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

FioCon

Re: KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure
Hello,
I followed your suggestions with regards to KB944533 installation prob.
When running the patch - I receive an error that I am not running the
correct IE version?

My IE version is "Version 7.0.5730.13"
Help! what am I missing or doing incorrectly... : )

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Suggest you try to manually download KB944533, SAVE it, close the
> browser when the download completes, and then install it:
>
> If it still will not download nor install:
>
> > How to get help and support for this security update
> > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in
> > Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact
> > your local Microsoft subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International Support
> > Web site:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Starman_Florida wrote:
>
> > When selecting to download KB944533, I get a download failure warning within
> > a few seconds. Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

Re: KB944533 Windows XP downloan failure
That's Windows cryptic way of saying that the update's already installed,
you don't need it.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

FioCon wrote:
> Hello,
> I followed your suggestions with regards to KB944533 installation prob.
> When running the patch - I receive an error that I am not running the
> correct IE version?
>
> My IE version is "Version 7.0.5730.13"
> Help! what am I missing or doing incorrectly... : )
>

> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Suggest you try to manually download KB944533, SAVE it, close the
>> browser when the download completes, and then install it:
>>
>> If it still will not download nor install:
>>
>>> How to get help and support for this security update
>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
>>> Microsoft subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the
>>> International Support Web site:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>> ===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>

>> Starman_Florida wrote:
>>
>>> When selecting to download KB944533, I get a download failure warning
>>> within
>>> a few seconds. Operating system is Windows XP Pro.

FioCon

Re: KB944533 Windows XP download failure

Why does the History of updates installed for KB944533 still display as
"Fail"?? If in fact it has actually installed?

OR when the automatic updates are run on a daily basis, why it persists on
trying to install the above file, if in fact it is installed and not
required??

Or am I expecting too much??? ha

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> That's Windows cryptic way of saying that the update's already installed,
> you don't need it.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> FioCon wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I followed your suggestions with regards to KB944533 installation prob.
> > When running the patch - I receive an error that I am not running the
> > correct IE version?
> >
> > My IE version is "Version 7.0.5730.13"
> > Help! what am I missing or doing incorrectly... : )
> >

> > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Suggest you try to manually download KB944533, SAVE it, close the
> >> browser when the download completes, and then install it:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
> >>
> >> If it still will not download nor install:

> >> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> >> ===============
> >> *-343-* FDNY
> >> Never Forgotten
> >> ===============

Re: KB944533 Windows XP download failure
Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)" listed in
Add/Remove Programs (make sure the Show Updates box is checked at top
right)?

What anti-virus application or "security suite" are you running? What
anti-spyware applications? What third-party firewall (if any)?

FioCon wrote:
> Why does the History of updates installed for KB944533 still display as
> "Fail"?? If in fact it has actually installed?
>
> OR when the automatic updates are run on a daily basis, why it persists on
> trying to install the above file, if in fact it is installed and not
> required??
>
> Or am I expecting too much??? ha
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That's Windows cryptic way of saying that the update's already installed,
>> you don't need it.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> FioCon wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I followed your suggestions with regards to KB944533 installation prob.
>>> When running the patch - I receive an error that I am not running the
>>> correct IE version?
>>>
>>> My IE version is "Version 7.0.5730.13"
>>> Help! what am I missing or doing incorrectly... : )

FioCon

Re: KB944533 Windows XP download failure
Hi PA Bear,
We have now resolved the issue, I opened an incident report with Tech
Support.
In the heal of the hunt te process was as follows:
1. Stop the Automatic Services,
2. Rename the Software Distribution Folder,
3. Restart the Services,
4. Run the Automatic Updates
5. KB944533 was installed successfully.

But in answer to your questions:

I did disable AVG Antivirus Software & Spyware Terminator, tried to run the
KB944533 update file - and to no avail. Plus in the Add/Remove - file was
never displayed as installed.

At this point I then referred to MS Techie for his Suggestion of the above.

Thank you so much for your help, it was greatly appreciated.

regards
Fiona
(Ireland)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)" listed in
> Add/Remove Programs (make sure the Show Updates box is checked at top
> right)?
>
> What anti-virus application or "security suite" are you running? What
> anti-spyware applications? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> FioCon wrote:
> > Why does the History of updates installed for KB944533 still display as
> > "Fail"?? If in fact it has actually installed?
> >
> > OR when the automatic updates are run on a daily basis, why it persists on
> > trying to install the above file, if in fact it is installed and not
> > required??
> >
> > Or am I expecting too much??? ha
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> That's Windows cryptic way of saying that the update's already installed,
> >> you don't need it.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: KB944533 Windows XP download failure
YW & thanks very much for your feedback, Fiona.
--
~PA Bear

FioCon wrote:
> Hi PA Bear,
> We have now resolved the issue, I opened an incident report with Tech
> Support.
> In the heal of the hunt te process was as follows:
> 1. Stop the Automatic Services,
> 2. Rename the Software Distribution Folder,
> 3. Restart the Services,
> 4. Run the Automatic Updates
> 5. KB944533 was installed successfully.
>
> But in answer to your questions:
>
> I did disable AVG Antivirus Software & Spyware Terminator, tried to run
> the
> KB944533 update file - and to no avail. Plus in the Add/Remove - file was
> never displayed as installed.
>
> At this point I then referred to MS Techie for his Suggestion of the
> above.
>
> Thank you so much for your help, it was greatly appreciated.
>
> regards
> Fiona
> (Ireland)
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Is "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)" listed in
>> Add/Remove Programs (make sure the Show Updates box is checked at top
>> right)?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or "security suite" are you running? What
>> anti-spyware applications? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> FioCon wrote:
>>> Why does the History of updates installed for KB944533 still display as
>>> "Fail"?? If in fact it has actually installed?
>>>
>>> OR when the automatic updates are run on a daily basis, why it persists
>>> on
>>> trying to install the above file, if in fact it is installed and not
>>> required??
>>>
>>> Or am I expecting too much??? ha

FioCon

Re: KB944533 Windows XP download failure
This was my first time using the Newsgroup forum and it's brilliant.
Especially for novices such as myself.

Sl├ín Leat agus Go raibh m├*lte maith agait ar├*s.

Fiona
Microsoft End -User in Ireland