Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly

Richard

Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
asks for it again. Please help.
Engel

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
KB936181
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...81&btnG=Search

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

"Richard" wrote:

> Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
> to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
> XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
> asks for it again. Please help.

TaurArian

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
From Microsoft Help/Support :

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

1. Visit the following link to download the utility:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe

2. Save the file to the computer.

3. Install this tool on the computer.

Step 2: Remove MSXML software

=========================

1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.

2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.

3. Restart the computer.

After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.

Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2

================================

1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
following links and save them to the Desktop.

MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi

MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...936181-enu.exe

2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.

3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
by one.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
| to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
| XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
| asks for it again. Please help.

bigd5977

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeat

ok i did all that & it worked ,,, now do i have to keep the downloads that i
put on my desktop or can i get delete them
"TaurArian" wrote:

> From Microsoft Help/Support :
>
> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

> 1. Visit the following link to download the utility:
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
>
> 2. Save the file to the computer.
>
> 3. Install this tool on the computer.
>

> Step 2: Remove MSXML software
>
> =========================
>
> 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.
>
> 2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.
>
> 3. Restart the computer.
>
> After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
> SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.
>

> Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> ================================
>
> 1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
> following links and save them to the Desktop.
>
> MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi
>
> MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...936181-enu.exe
>
> 2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.
>
> 3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
> on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
> by one.
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
> | to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
> | XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
> | asks for it again. Please help.

Same question regarding update xml core

RE: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
I have the same problem and I don't see anywhere how I can fix this. Please
help me. my email address is moluvsty@yahoo.com if anyone has help to give.
Thanks!

"Richard" wrote:

> Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
> to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
> XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
> asks for it again. Please help.

TaurArian

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
Same answer -

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft
Update or on Windows Update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

Have you checked the Known Issues -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Same question regarding update xml core" <Same question regarding update
xml core @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem and I don't see anywhere how I can fix this.
>Please
> help me. my email address is moluvsty@yahoo.com if anyone has help to
> give.
> Thanks!
>
> "Richard" wrote:
>
>> Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I
>> need
>> to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for
>> Microsoft
>> XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow,
>> it
>> asks for it again. Please help.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeat
Delete it now that it has installed properly.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

bigd5977 wrote:

> ok i did all that & it worked ,,, now do i have to keep the downloads that i
> put on my desktop or can i get delete them
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>

>>From Microsoft Help/Support :
>>
>>Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility
>>
>>=============================================
>>
>>1. Visit the following link to download the utility:
>>http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
>>
>>2. Save the file to the computer.
>>
>>3. Install this tool on the computer.
>>

>>Step 2: Remove MSXML software
>>
>>=========================
>>
>>1. Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Windows Installer Clean Up.
>>
>>2. See if you can find MSXML software. If so, remove them.
>>
>>3. Restart the computer.
>>
>>After that, please try to reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0
>>SP2 Security Update KB925672 and KB927978.
>>

>>Step 3: Reinstall MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>>
>>================================
>>
>>1. Please download MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and the related updates from the
>>following links and save them to the Desktop.
>>
>>MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2
>>
>>http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...629c/msxml.msi
>>
>>MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB936181)
>>
>>http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...936181-enu.exe
>>
>>2. When the File Download window appears, please click the Save button, and
>>follow the directions to save them to the Desktop.
>>
>>3. After downloading the MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 setup file and its updates
>>on to the Desktop, please double-click the files to manually install them one
>>by one.
>>
>>--
>>====================================
>>TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
>>====================================
>>How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>>Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>>"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>| Every day, my computer alerts me (through Windows Live One Care) that I need
>>| to install an update, and every day it installs Security Update for Microsoft
>>| XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) successfully. Tomorrow, it
>>| asks for it again. Please help.

Diana

Re: Security Update for Microsoft XML installs successfully repeatedly
Hello,

Can you try the following:

Manually unintall the update from "Add/Remove Program" and then re-install
it.

Diana

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team