How do i prevent Vista from updating drivers

Alexander

How do i prevent Vista from updating drivers
i got a mainboard with a nvidia 430 nforce chipset.

after rolling back the automatically updated (and system freezing) drivers
the system got back stable...
i intent to keep that state, using the previous drivers, yet every time the
windows updater comes up with new important updates, it also replaces the
nforce ones.
i need to know how to deactivate specific hardware driver updates, please.

thx
Alexander
Engel

RE: How do i prevent Vista from updating drivers

Hello Alexander,

See if this thread helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...d-600442554be3

I hope that post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut.
- -- --

"Alexander" wrote:

> i got a mainboard with a nvidia 430 nforce chipset.
>
> after rolling back the automatically updated (and system freezing) drivers
> the system got back stable...
> i intent to keep that state, using the previous drivers, yet every time the
> windows updater comes up with new important updates, it also replaces the
> nforce ones.
> i need to know how to deactivate specific hardware driver updates, please.
>
> thx
> Alexander

C.B.

"Alexander" <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i got a mainboard with a nvidia 430 nforce chipset.
>
> after rolling back the automatically updated (and system freezing) drivers
> the system got back stable...
> i intent to keep that state, using the previous drivers, yet every time
> the
> windows updater comes up with new important updates, it also replaces the
> nforce ones.
> i need to know how to deactivate specific hardware driver updates, please.
>
> thx
> Alexander

Alexander,

If the update is already installed and you wish to remove it from your
system open Windows Update and click on "Installed Updates" in the lower
left pane. This will remove the update from your system.
The next time you are offered this update right click on it and select
"hide update". You will not be offered the update again. If you decide, in
the future, that you need this update you can open Windows Update, go the
the upper left pane and select "Restore hidden updates".

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and less fortunate among us.