windows update failures

reg

windows update failures
i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
problem
Mark

RE: windows update failures
I too, have been unable to install updates on my Vista-based PC. todat after
trying again I got error message 80080005.

HELP!!

"reg" wrote:

> i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
> the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
> the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
> problem

TaurArian

Re: windows update failures
Windows Update error 80070002
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx

Did you try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder?

1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an Administrator)

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.

2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.

3. Start the Windows Update service

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.

This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not important.

You can check which updates are installed on your computer by -
Start button || Control Panel || Programs
Under Programs and Features - click View installed updates.

Otherwise start a free Windows Update support incident request:
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

"reg" <reg@here.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
| the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
| the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
| problem

reg

Re: windows update failures
i tried to do as you suggested, but everytime i double click services i get
the following message ( microsoft management console has stopped working). i
tried it several times and the same thing happens

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Windows Update error 80070002
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx
>
> Did you try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder?
>
> 1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an Administrator)
>
> Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
> Double-click Services
> (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.
>
> 2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
>
> Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
>
> 3. Start the Windows Update service
>
> Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
> Double-click Services
> (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
> Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.
>
> This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not important.
>
> You can check which updates are installed on your computer by -
> Start button || Control Panel || Programs
> Under Programs and Features - click View installed updates.
>
> Otherwise start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "reg" <reg@here.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
> | the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
> | the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
> | problem

fergy

RE: windows update failures

"reg" wrote:

> i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
> the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
> the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
> problem

TaurArian

Re: windows update failures

====================================

|i tried to do as you suggested, but everytime i double click services i get
| the following message ( microsoft management console has stopped working). i
| tried it several times and the same thing happens
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Windows Update error 80070002

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9a75f1033.mspx

| > Did you try renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder?
| >
| > 1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an Administrator)
| >
| > Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
| > Double-click Services
| > (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
| > Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.
| >
| > 2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
| >
| > Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.
| >
| > 3. Start the Windows Update service
| >
| > Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
| > Double-click Services
| > (Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
| > Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.
| >
| > This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not important.
| >
| > You can check which updates are installed on your computer by -
| > Start button || Control Panel || Programs
| > Under Programs and Features - click View installed updates.
| >
| > Otherwise start a free Windows Update support incident request:
| > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "reg" <reg@here.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |i get a message for important updates but when i try to install them, i get
| > | the following error message codes; 80070002, 8007007B, and 8007371B. i tried
| > | the help content but nothing worked. i will appreciate any help on this
| > | problem

A4you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
error on windows update
A few days ago windows update found service pack 1 for visa and I tried to install it but I always receive the error that other on this forum and I tried to rename Software Distribution, that worked and deleted my update history but when I opened windows update and checked for new update it did not find service pack 1 for vista and after some time when it found it I receive the same error. What should I do? Thank you!
TaurArian

Re: windows update failures
What error?

Some info -

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1: "Installation was not
successful" or "An internal error occurred while installing the service pack"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the computer restarts
when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

Assistance -

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18,
2009.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available at
no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:
• CA:
• UK:
• AU:
• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"A4you" <A4you.3bavkh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

| ::A few days ago windows update found service pack 1 for visa and I
| tried to install it but I always receive the error that other on this
| forum and I tried to rename Software Distribution, that worked and
| deleted my update history but when I opened windows update and checked
| for new update it did not find service pack 1 for vista and after some
| time when it found it I receive the same error. What should I do? Thank
| you!::
|

| --
| A4you

A4you is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the error
This is the error.

Some updates were not install.
Code 8007371 B

I am trying now the instructions on the link you gave me, I hope it will work.

Thank you!
TaurArian

Re: windows update failures
Also see: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821