update site

Anty

update site
I'm still on XP, I just want see what should I updates . I click on "check
for the latest updates from Windows update",then receive a page from
Microsoft site:

"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x800A1391) yourself."

__
Then I change my IE options by "While the Windows Update Web site is
But it never resolve the problem.

Ths.

Engel

RE: update site

Hello Anty,

You receive an "Initialization error 0x800A1391" error message and the
Windows Update Web site does not appear

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836961

Good luck

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the problem remains
- -- ---

- -- ---

"Anty" wrote:

> I'm still on XP, I just want see what should I updates . I click on "check
> for the latest updates from Windows update",then receive a page from
> Microsoft site:
>
> "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
> For self-help options:
>
> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Find Solutions
>
> Windows Update Newsgroup
> For assisted support options:
>
> Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
>
> Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
> 0x800A1391) yourself."
>
> __
> Then I change my IE options by "While the Windows Update Web site is
> But it never resolve the problem.
>
> Ths.

TaurArian

Re: update site
An error occurs when Windows Update is unable to download and install the Windows Update
ActiveX component.
Can also be caused when a firewall blocks the download of the component.

Try adding the following sites to the IE Trusted Sites zone

http://update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

You may need to uncheck "Require Server Verification (https for all sites in this zone
to add these sites.
Recheck when finished.

You receive an "Initialization error 0x800A1391" error message and the Windows Update Web
site does not appear
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836961

Check for parasites:
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Anty" <Anty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm still on XP, I just want see what should I updates . I click on "check
| for the latest updates from Windows update",then receive a page from
| Microsoft site:
|
| "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
| trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
| For self-help options:
|
| Frequently Asked Questions
|
| Find Solutions
|
| Windows Update Newsgroup
| For assisted support options:
|
| Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
|
| Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
| 0x800A1391) yourself."
|
| __
| Then I change my IE options by "While the Windows Update Web site is
| But it never resolve the problem.
|
| Ths.

Anty

RE: update site
the problem remains.

I did by what shows in "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836961"

M1:I never installed Zone Alarm.

M2:I never installe any Firewall and Virus Protection.

M3:I did by Method 3 shows

But never solve the problem.

By the way,Can I download the ActiveX component of the Windows Update Web
site and install it by manual?

___
Ths!

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Anty,
>
> You receive an "Initialization error 0x800A1391" error message and the
> Windows Update Web site does not appear
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836961
>
> Good luck
>
> Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the problem remains
> - -- ---

sped

Re: update site
This doesn't apply to Anty's situation, but this is the most recent posting I
found on this problem. I used Symantec Client Firewall and fixed the problem
by adding "update.microsoft.com" to my trusted sites. What seems odd is that
the problem only started very recently and I haven't updated or reconfigured
the firewall in a long time.