RE: error number 0x8024D007

Castawaycf

RE: error number 0x8024D007
I did not see all of these replies until just now. I finally gave up and
just did a reformat and can now update. I am not sure if any of these
solutions would work for my problem, but thanks for the help.

"Darren" wrote:

> can someone help? everytime i try to update windows i get error number
> 0x8024D007. hope someone can help. thanks Darren.

Bruce Plate

Windows Update issue resolved
I just struggled with this issue for hours. It ended up being an issue with the permissions on two registry keys.

Both of these had read only rights...
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Bits
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv

I used Regedit->Advanced->"Inherit from parent..." to reset the permissions.

Finally, I used the Windows Agent Update from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104 .

I hope this helps. Regards, Bruce

Castawayc wrote:

I did not see all of these replies until just now.
23-Feb-08

I did not see all of these replies until just now. I finally gave up and
just did a reformat and can now update. I am not sure if any of these
solutions would work for my problem, but thanks for the help.

"Darren" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:16 PM
Darre wrote:

error number 0x8024D007
can someone help? everytime i try to update windows i get error number
0x8024D007. hope someone can help. thanks Darren.

On Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:02 PM
MowGreen [MVP] wrote:

First, open the Services console by going to Start > Run > type inservices.
First, open the Services console by going to Start > Run > type in

services.msc

Click OK or press Enter
Check to ensure that Automatic Updates is set to Automatic for
'Startup type' by double clicking on it

Check to ensure that Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)is
*NOT* set to Disabled for ' Startup type ' by double clicking on it
It *can* be set to Manual and updates will install successfully

IF BITS is set to Disabled, first test to see if it functions
Click the Start button under ' Service status '
IF BITS can not start up, then register these .dll files by going to
Start > Run > type in [or copy & paste] these lines EXACTLY as posted,
clicking OK or pressing Enter after *each one* -

regsvr32 qmgr.dll
regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

If the above is not the issue, see if this resolves it :

Go to Internet Options in the Control Panel.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll down to the Security heading.
UNcheck the box next to " Check for server certificate revocation
[requires restart] ".
Also, put a check in the box next to " Do not save encrypted pages to
disk ". Click Apply, OK, restart the system and revisit Windows Update
to see if the issue is resolved.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Darren wrote:

On Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:58 AM
Manfred wrote:

Re: error number 0x8024D007
Hello,

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

I have done all these but it does not help. And now?

gerretings

Manfred

On Thursday, November 01, 2007 12:30 PM
Ottmar Freudenberger wrote:

Re: error number 0x8024D007
"ManfredP" <ManfredP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

Jetzt guckst Du http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902322 und fragst in einer
deutschsprachigen Newsgroup f?r Deine Windows-Version nach, falls es nicht
hilft.

Bye,
Freudi
--
Macht euer Windows sicherer: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com - jetzt!
http://www.microsoft.com/germany/sicherheit/

On Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:19 PM
Castawayc wrote:

I did not see all of these replies until just now.
I did not see all of these replies until just now. I finally gave up and
just did a reformat and can now update. I am not sure if any of these
solutions would work for my problem, but thanks for the help.

"Darren" wrote:

BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rating-co.aspx
Peter Foldes

Re: Windows Update issue resolved
Good going Bruce. You posted to a 2year old thread like an deadhead from egghead

--
Peter

<Bruce Plate> wrote in message news:201041383158bplate@casepartners.com...
>I just struggled with this issue for hours. It ended up being an issue with the
>permissions on two registry keys.
>
> Both of these had read only rights...
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Bits
> Castawayc wrote:
>
> I did not see all of these replies until just now.
> 23-Feb-08

John

Re: Windows Update issue resolved
It would help more if you could get into that DeLorean. Set the clock back
to May 2007. Make sure you hit 88MPH.